Sign in to follow this  
Hans

A fond farewell to CM

After thirteen years of great entertainment and fun I played my last CM battle last week, from a habit of a half dozen battles a day and having three or four PBEM always ongoing. I kept at least one PBEM going all those years, until the last one finally ended - in victory.

Moving on now

Thanks for the the great game!

I am close to getting a new computer but I think I'll ask for Win 7. I don't see the advantage of Win 8 at thins time, and there seems to be some problems running older games.

Same here, been playing Combat Mission games for the last 13 years. Have bought the whole series so far. A Tremendous series of games. I have made a number of scenario's over the years but unfortunately have not put them on the repository. I will continue to play Combat Mission for many years to come.

Hey Hans! It's been a long run. Thanks for all that you've done for CM behind the scenes and the fun translations you've provided.

Steve

My pleasure in some ways I enjoying making those 200+ scenarios as much as playing the game.

On the translations, my Libyan contact disappeared and I haven't heard from him since the civil war started. My Syrian contact now lives in Dubai and is a supporter of the regime. My Palestinian contact has become an American and his first name is 'Jihad'.

I'm hoping that someone gets around to porting the old CMx1 games to the modern Mac OS. :-)

I want to introduce my young sons to CM - CMx2 is too complicated for them at this stage. I'm sure there's still life in this game with a slightly different demographic from the hardcore grog...

After I turn 60 I suspect CM2 will become too complex for me too. :(

pshaw, I am looking forward to retirement at 65 when I can play whenever I feel like with no work commitments getting in the way. 

I hear the great thing about getting old is that once senility sets in you can play the same scenario over and over and it is fresh every time! There's always a silver lining!

:D

Michael

Yeah ... but you already posted that last month, and the month before that, and ... :lol: