What is the difference bw Global Conflict & WW1?

WWI is a slightly newer release relative to the original Global Conflict and if you take a look at the product page it should give you a pretty good idea of what is included and what some of the changes are:

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=271&Itemid=452

After that, please take a look at the New Features thread for WWI found here:

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=95162

This is much more detailed and will highlight some of the game engine changes/improvements over the previous Global Conflict release.

Hope this helps :)

Hubert

OK, so if I understand it correctly Global Conflict and WW1 are the same game, except WW1 is slightly newer with a few more bells & whistles and European only, while GC is slightly earlier, but global.

So the biggest difference is the geography and the scenarios, not discounting the the SC game has an evolving and improving engine. I particularly like the greatly enlarged map, that introduces much more flexibility!

Which makes me wonder if something like the scenarios in Patton's Drive East might be ported to run under the WW1 engine. Would that work or would there be a lot of tweaking needed? Hmmm, given the huge difference in map sizes, I guess a lot of tweaking would be required.

Correct and importing older campaigns like those from Patton Drives East are possible but at the same time it will take quite a bit of work.

Not all data is importable as the data structures have changed over time with the newer releases and you'd have to likely adjust some bitmaps to account for additional changes like increased number of majors, additional unit types and so on.

Scripts will likely need to be adjusted as well as there are quite a few changes there too.

Hubert

Well, IF I were to get that ambitious I'd probably want to change a lot of the OB as it seemed a bit odd. I tried 1944 Shattered Alliance and there didn't seem to be enough German forces to have held back the Russians for four or five months as happened historically.

I must say the more I poke at this the more impressed I am with what you have done.