US war entry

I'm playing a very unusual game, the allies have declaired war on quite a few neutrals, including several european countries and almost all of the pacific neutrals, with the exception of the Dutch East Indies, the Soviet Union even declaired war on Japan, all Prior to US entry, under These circumstances I can't imagine the United States ever entering the war unless an Axis power declairs war on them, But the US mobilization Level still goes up and much quicker than I expected. Now apparently US ground Forces have deployed to Hawaii, and ships have left the home Waters, and although it does have a negative effect, the mobilization Level still steadily increases every turn.

Hi Sharkman

There are scripts in place (I'm looking at Global Conflict Gold) to move the USA, for example, 15-20% towards the Axis if the Allies declare war on the Dutch East Indies.

However, looking at the scripts, the oil embargo imposed by the USA on Japan from the summer of 1941 will occur regardless, and this does move the USA towards the Allies by a small amount every turn (1-2% until December 1941, 4-6% thereafter).

Some fine tuning may be possible, such as by increasing the penalties for a Soviet DOW on Japan, and for the Allies' aggression against the Dutch East Indies. We'll also have to think of a method to prevent the oil embargo being imposed in such circumstances, so thanks for pointing this out.

Unusual circumstances as they are, you are right to think that the USA wouldn't be so keen to enter the war with all of this going on.

In the game I'm playing the allies did not invade the Dutch East Indies, but all of the other pacific neutrals, as well as Turkey, Greece, most of the Vichy colonies and I believe Ireland as well. I think there should be a longer Lasting effect to such invasions, but with some historical reasoning. I think an Invasion of Norway or Sweden should be less damaging than an Invasion of Greece, or the Solomons. Norway and Sweden could certainly be accused of aiding the axis. I think an allied Invasion of a Country such as Greece, or the Solomons should have a very negative effect on the US war entry. And I think a Soviet Invasion of Japan should have severe penalties.

Another related Topic: Post US entry invasions of neutral countries. There would have certainly been some repercussions to the US involvement in invasions of neutral countries. Again invading a Country like Spain or Vichy France should be no real Problem, but I have played games where the US has invaded neutral south american countries, I don't know if the american public would have put up with that. Maybe there should be some Kind of financial and morale penalties. One Thing I think most Players (me included)do is as soon an th US in in, the brits invade Ireland, with no penalties. I actually do it to give the Yanks more room for deployment, I think that makes it morally acceptable.