Sign in to follow this  
warrenpeace

Fog?

Back in CM1 days I would see fog on the battlefield, but with CM2 I don't see any fog, even though the weather says it has heavy fog and the los tool shows poor LOS distance.

Is this a video card issue? I am playing on a laptop with an ATI card.

Warren

Back in CM1 days I would see fog on the battlefield, but with CM2 I don't see any fog, even though the weather says it has heavy fog and the los tool shows poor LOS distance.

Is this a video card issue? I am playing on a laptop with an ATI card.

Warren

More than likely it is video card related. Perhaps you could post your system specs and maybe a picture or two.

This is what the "dense fog" setting looks like on my comp. Mildly foggy, but with some terrain features popping through the fog, which I assume is a bug.

I have an Nvidia card, BTW.

t1ch.jpg

You guys are right. The fog is there it is just a lot subtler than I expected. I would think dense fog would be a bit "denser".

As an aside I was driving my daughter to school the other morning and while waiting for a light I realized that i could not see a large church that was 150 yards away. I was kind of expecting that.

I ran a little test and you might try it as well. Generate a QB using a human selected map and dense fog. Look at it with a time of day setting of dawn, day, dusk and night. Compare what you can see at a heigth of 4. The dense fog seems to denser on my video card at dawn and night. Day and dusk seems to show more defination of things. I am running a GeForce 690. Maybe it interprets it a bit differently.

This is what the "dense fog" setting looks like on my comp. Mildly foggy, but with some terrain features popping through the fog, which I assume is a bug.

I have an Nvidia card, BTW.

Man, this looks a lot better that what I get with an ATI card. Damn you. ;)

Okay, you guys will probably laugh at me, but I don't seem to have a dense fog setting in my quick battle setup.

I have CMBN 2.01, but not the CW or MG modules yet. Or is the dense fog setting only in CMFI?

li8.gif

Sign in to follow this