Facade Troop Scenario

**********************Spoilerz************

To be honest, the AI's attack procedure killed a lot of the Brits. as they ran straight for the bridge, they lost a lot of men. All of their jeeps were destroyed because they kept driving straight up to the bank of the river and opening fire, retreating and repeating the same thing.

That being said, anytime the green troops received fire, they were pinned.

• 3 years later...

Ah, facade troops! I remember...

I hate gamey scenarios where scenario designers put major efforts into creating map elevations and house positions to artificially deny LOS and create totally artificial keyhole positions, or force a player using a certain (costly) approach.

Thats playing the game mechanics. With the game mechanics creating a certain problem to the player - and therefore the game mechanics determines the solution, not the tactical situation!

For example: roofs of barracks being used to block LOS. Which is fine. But if the baracks are placed only to achieve that artificial blocking, while in reality the tactical situation would not be changed at all, because the roofs would be shot in pieces within seconds by HMGs, then IMO this is very bad tactical scenario design.

4 hours ago, CarlWAW said:

I hate gamey scenarios where scenario designers put major efforts into creating map elevations and house positions to artificially deny LOS and create totally artificial keyhole positions, or force a player using a certain (costly) approach.

I fully agree. It's like the landscape was created for the sole purpose of protecting the nazis. Maybe there was some truth to the old German war slogan "Gott mit uns"..

3 hours ago, Bulletpoint said:

Maybe there was some truth to the old German war slogan "Gott mit uns"..

Hmmmm, I do not think this particular German. I would assume almost any warrior in the last 5000 years, prayed something the like before going to battle.

I think, I even read some Danish examples in "1864". ?

3 minutes ago, Bulletpoint said:

Skål! I already had three big "Kellerbier", so if you take your turn now, there's a chance I might send an inebriated response and make a tactical mistake :)

You promised that last time already and a whole squad had to pay for it.?

In addition, I better should be reasonably fresh for a good, old fashioned board gaming weekend tomorrow.