Congratulations to AoD Design Team

I hope this post is not too premature but from what I can judge from two tournament mirror matches both at end of '43, Carter, Bill, and all beta testers have produced a great product. The '39 game has both a good historical basis and in my opinion good balance between standard victory conditions and playing strength. The game favors allies in playing strength but axis on standard victory conditions (axis only needs to hold one capital to achieve a tactical victory while allies cannot achieve any victory unless they achieve a minor which basically requires they conquer everything that was theirs at start of game). It appears (admittedly only two matches) that if the allies throw everything against Germany it is likely they will run out of time before they can conquer Tokyo and avoid a axis tactical win. Thus the allies will need to think long term in both Europe and Pacific to have a chance of minor victory. In my opinion this is a great outcome. No more Germany crushing everyone with no fear of losing and the added benefit of most games going the distance. Many of the aspects of Gold which I did not like appear to be gone in AoD (such as the excessive impact of unit experience and destructive power of Tac Bombers and naval bombardment of ground units). I expect as more games are played to conclusion that some potential adjustments will surface and may possibly include lower allied MPPs. However at this point in my opinion a great job. Congratulations! Hopefully other players will add their thoughts!