Install order for all Normandy stuff & patches?

Just getting back into the series after being somewhat disappointed with the original Normandy. Bought all the stuff, but after being spoiled by Steam am a little confused what the exact install order should be?

My guess is:

1. Normandy.

2. Commonwealth.

3. Patch v1.11

4. Market Garden + 2.0 combo

As far as I understand, that should be correct.

I haven't messed around with the bundle installer, but I did it like this:

CMBN -> CW module -> 1.11 patch -> 2.0 upgrade -> Market Garden module.

Market Garden requires the 2.0, but I am assuming that the bundle installer will install it first and then the module.

The game has come a long way from 1.0, I hope you will be positively surprised. :)

So rather than "Market Garden + 2.0 combo" or "2.00 upgrade bundle" it should be "Market Garden + 2.10 combo" or 2.10 upgrade bundle".

confused-com.png

I share your sentiments of confusion!

But if I understand the logic correctly (which ain't necessarily so ...), until a later, stand alone, game engine refresh to 2.1 (upgrade or patch?) comes out for those who have not bought MG, it is the MG module itself which updates v 2.00 thru 2.01 and to 2.1. So it (my bold bit of your post) should read "MG 2.1 (incl. 2.01) + 2.00 combo" as a literal description of what is included?

These are the instructions, which can be found in the manual (p.9):

1- install the base game, Combat Mission: Battle for Normandy. This will typically

be v1.00 or v1.01.

2- (if available) install the Commonwealth Module. This will update your game

to v1.10.

3- install the CMBN v1.11 patch. You can find it at www.battlefront.com/patches.

4- install the CMBN 2.0 Upgrade, or the 2.0 Market Garden Bundle.

5- use your 2.0 Upgrade license key, or the 2.0 & Market Garden Bundle license

key to activate. This will activate the base game and Commonwealth (if

available), and Market Garden (if you installed the bundle).

5b- install the Market Garden module, unless you have installed the bundle

already in step 3.

5c- use the Market Garden license key to activate the Market Garden module,

unless you have activated it already in step 5.

6- if available, install the next Module.

6b- use your next module license key to activate.

7- Repeat 6 and 6b for all available modules.

8- if available, install the latest patch for CMBN. Usually,only one patch is required

to update all game components, including the base game and modules.

----

I did as described and everything is working fine.

8- if available, install the latest patch for CMBN. Usually,only one patch is required to update all game components, including the base game and modules.

So do you need to apply the 2.01 patch on the 2.0 game ?? or is there still to come a 2.10 patch to fix everything?

So do you need to apply the 2.01 patch on the 2.0 game ?? or is there still to come a 2.10 patch to fix everything?

The latter. That step would apply to a post-2.10 patch (e.g. 2.11), if and when released. Manuals have to be written to account for future patching.

I would check in-game to see what actual version the game says you are running. If there is a patch more recent than the currently game-reported version, then likely you'd need to install it.