Please add exit zones to scenarios

I see. What if the unit does not have point value assigned, but you paint a friendly exit zone for it? It will still escape off the board, but the enemy scores no points if it doesn't.

This has use in HTH games where there's a need to retreat forces or pull something back out of the way. It still penalizes the owning player, though, because once you exit a unit it's safe, but because it disappears from the game you won't have it to use anymore.

As long as point objectives are territory and other parameters, not points for units failing to exit, I think this can be useful.

I see. What if the unit does not have point value assigned, but you paint a friendly exit zone for it? It will still escape off the board, but the enemy scores no points if it doesn't.

For that unit, no. But he'll score points for any other units that do have a value and don't exit.

As long as point objectives are territory and other parameters, not points for units failing to exit, I think this can be useful.

Sure, as I said: Exits work fine in scenarios that are specifically designed for them, and there are loads of different and interesting ways they could be incorporated. The one way that won't work, though, is just adding them on a whim.

The one way that won't work, though, is just adding them on a whim.

Are you suggesting I mentioned adding exit zones on a whim ? You need to look up the definition of whim, I gave a valid reason for adding them, so I cannot understand why you would use the word whim.

Are you suggesting I mentioned adding exit zones on a whim ? You need to look up the definition of whim, I gave a valid reason for adding them, so I cannot understand why you would use the word whim.

You seem to want exit zones added to every single scenario anyone makes just so that someone .... in the rare event that they have an unwanted unit ...... can drive said unwanted unit off map. In many cases it would be possible for the player to just leave the unwanted unit sheltering in place behind a building or some trees rather than continually moving it along like a baby duckling. In my book this request falls under the heading of "Ridiculous requests that solve non problems". That's just me though. I'm sure that for you its a pressing issue, but I would suggest that perhaps you shouldn't get your hopes up too high that scenario designers will all fall in line and rush to meet this request / demand, especially considering the limitations it imposes on the victory conditions available for a designer to use.

However, thanks for the suggestion. If a victory condition revamp takes place and it becomes practical to implement something like that, perhaps in future scenarios this suggestion can be taken into consideration.

You seem to want exit zones added to every single scenario anyone makes just so that someone .... in the rare event that they have an unwanted unit ...... can drive said unwanted unit off map.

Not knowing how exit zones affected points in any scenario using them, I thought they could be applied across the board, without consequence. So I was puzzled, and somewhat frustrated, by their omission in every scenario I have ever played. However, since I have been made aware of the problems applying them to every scenario, I can now understand, to a point, their absence. So, I should aim my original request, to the designers that do not use unit casualty points in their scenarios.

In my book this request falls under the heading of "Ridiculous requests that solve non problems".

It's not a ridiculous request if the person making the request is unaware of the consequences of such a request on some scenarios. On the contrary, it's a perfectly reasonable one, which could easily be implemented. However, as mentioned, it has knock on effects, so it is only relevant to "some" scenarios.

That's just me though. I'm sure that for you its a pressing issue, but I would suggest that perhaps you shouldn't get your hopes up too high that scenario designers will all fall in line and rush to meet this request / demand, especially considering the limitations it imposes on the victory conditions available for a designer to use.

Wasn't it obvious to you that I was unaware of how exit zones affected scoring in some games, or do you think I just like coming on forums, and riding roughshod over accepted scenario building practices. I acknowledged my error, after it was pointed out, on the CMBN forum, so please don't patronise me.

request / demand

Surely a request is different to a demand. So which one is it ? did I make a request ? or a demand ?

However, thanks for the suggestion. If a victory condition revamp takes place and it becomes practical to implement something like that, perhaps in future scenarios this suggestion can be taken into consideration.

Awww shucks, now you have gone all nice, and I was just building up a nice head of steam :- (

Not knowing how exit zones affected points in any scenario using them, I thought they could be applied across the board, without consequence. So I was puzzled, and somewhat frustrated, by their omission in every scenario I have ever played.

That's fair enough. There is no reason why you should know how they work

You could, however, have assumed the people designing scenarios do know how they work and had been omitting them for good reason, rather than out of bloody mindedness :)

You could, however, have assumed the people designing scenarios do know how they work and had been omitting them for good reason, rather than out of bloody mindedness :)

I would never assume that something was omitted, or added, out of bloody mindedness, but now you mention it, I should of realised that there was more to them than just allowing units to exit, and therefore I should of made enquiries before requesting them. :- )