Cmfi Gl Bulge 44 Fj & Lw V1.0 Status

I want you all to know I am not just sitting here drinking beer and goofing around stalling to upload the next part of the mod.

I'VE SWITCHED BACK TO VINO!!!

Sipping some Argentinian malbec while I am working on a little extra effort for this part. I am rewriting file names so we end up with the following visual variety.

A Fallschirmjager unit, say a company or platoon, (I like the smaller intimate battles sometimes). Most of the troops have the FJ helmets & FJ jumpsmocks, courtesy of mjkerner, but in the editor, you can switch to Luftwaffe infantry and tuck a few teams in the platoon. Say an LMG team, select their appearance as "standard". They show up in FJ jumpsmocks but with the coal scuttle style helmet versus the FJ classic helmet. Wartime shortages!

FJmix_zpsf2b6c6e3.png

Purchase another Luftwaffe infantry team and select their appearance as greatcoats. They show in coal scuttle helmets and polyester leisure suits.

Just kidding. Greatcoats! Mjkerner is working to make a more "luftwaffe-y" greatcoat. Perhaps a luftwaffe eagle or something. we're both looking through our books and internet resources.

Anyway, that is what is delaying the part 3 upload. No matter what, tomorrow I will upload the part 4 allies and hopefully this weekend we get Fuser/Aris's horizons and I finish some weathering on the roadsigns.

I apologize for the delay.

I know this might not seem earth-shattering and maybe someone already did this, but I like it and will be happy to get it into the mod. I hope you all like it too.

Just curious. Do you think this Bulge mod would also work in CMBN 2.1, a.k.a. Market-Garden?

I ask because it would seem a closer fit for Bulge units and time period to use the mod there rather than in CMFI-GL. If Market-Garden adds the StG 44 to the small arms arsenal, then that makes simulated Volksgrenadiers possible, for example, And some of the new "Dutch" buildings would look better in the Ardennes than the CMFI ones.

We could do it Mark.

Couple cases of beer, 2 bottles of scotch, couple cases of wine, 20 pounds of coffee beans.

Come on down in November for a couple extra daze.

I mean days.

Advantages:

1. waffen-ss already there.

2. fall 44 weaponry at least partially available. such as StG44

3. NW Europe houses.

Was the snow thing hard to do?

We could do it Mark.

Couple cases of beer, 2 bottles of scotch, couple cases of wine, 20 pounds of coffee beans.

Come on down in November for a couple extra daze.

I mean days.

Advantages:

1. waffen-ss already there.

2. fall 44 weaponry at least partially available. such as StG44

3. NW Europe houses.

Was the snow thing hard to do?

No, actually, easy as hell. I'll explain tomorrow...got to run.

• 3 weeks later...

CMFI GL BULGE 44 FJ/LW V1.0 is uploaded to cmmods. as of 10.21.13

this thread can now be re-titled as

CMBN MG BULGE 44 brainstorming and musings.

issue: we bring fake snow (just an image of snow tucked in under sand filename?) but we don't get the fun of bogging in the snow or the crunch of your boot's in the snow like CMFI GL

issue: does MG have various foggy weather added?

issue: snow on rooftops, CMFI GL has it already