While we are waiting

para

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since there seems to be a difference in the number of mass-shootings in the "gun-loose"USA on one hand, and "gun-tight"Europe on the other, and it NOT being related to gun-laws (according to many of our overseas friends), could it be that the way the mentally instable/eerily frustrated are being treated, differs significantly?

I tend to think that in Europe we have (or until recently HAD) a little more "softer" society (welfare, medical care) than the USA, which might reduce the "exploding" of potential mass-shooters.

As I see it, the USA is a "tougher" place to be for losers/outcasts. Having no (lefty-liberal, I know) way out, they resort to a mass killing-suicide action.

That would also explain why there are more of those killings in Europe the last decade; the economic trouble diminishes the amounts of money we spend on care/welfare. Our society becomes "tougher", too.

So it wouldn't be the guns that matter, but the way "losers" are treated?

Since there seems to be a difference in the number of mass-shootings in the "gun-loose"USA on one hand, and "gun-tight"Europe on the other, and it NOT being related to gun-laws (according to many of our overseas friends), could it be that the way the mentally instable/eerily frustrated are being treated, differs significantly?

I tend to think that in Europe we have (or until recently HAD) a little more "softer" society (welfare, medical care) than the USA, which might reduce the "exploding" of potential mass-shooters.

As I see it, the USA is a "tougher" place to be for losers/outcasts. Having no (lefty-liberal, I know) way out, they resort to a mass killing-suicide action.

That would also explain why there are more of those killings in Europe the last decade; the economic trouble diminishes the amounts of money we spend on care/welfare. Our society becomes "tougher", too.

So it wouldn't be the guns that matter, but the way "losers" are treated?

You may have a point there Seedorf81.

para..."Just had a quick read on the Aroura shooter....."

James Eagan Holmes was and is mentally ill.

para... "Do cars get searched in gun free zones?"

Not usually. No in general.

para... "This guy is able to obtain tactical ballistic equipment, tear gas, several weapons and 100 drum magazines..all quite easily."

How easily? If it was difficult and the crazy man still was intent on purchasing weapons it can be done even though it is illegal to do so.

Mentally Ill people should be obtaining treatment and medication not guns.

Think about it Para, maybe next time commie take control in UK.

baron if you annoyed me enough I could get very angry and decide to kill you..luckily for you I cannot get access to guns. ;)

On the other hand and unfortunately for me you have access to the red armies surplus and I am no longer safe at my present address. :)

Had to post this.

1234441_242165792598953_1976042396_n.jpg

So this is quite possibly the dumbest attitude towards gun control. Of course more gun control laws would have prevented this or at least lessened the number of dead. The idiot in DC bought his guns legally because of relaxed gun control laws. Had the proper gun laws been enacted to prevent him from buying guns, then the crimes above never would have been committed.

para..."Just had a quick read on the Aroura shooter....."

James Eagan Holmes was and is mentally ill.

para... "Do cars get searched in gun free zones?"

Not usually. No in general.

para... "This guy is able to obtain tactical ballistic equipment, tear gas, several weapons and 100 drum magazines..all quite easily."

How easily? If it was difficult and the crazy man still was intent on purchasing weapons it can be done even though it is illegal to do so.

Mentally Ill people should be obtaining treatment and medication not guns.

I agree mentally ill people should be getting treatment. Do you have laws in place to stop them buying weapons? Checks etc? I do not know all your laws.

Was he mentally ill before the shooting or once they got him to court?

Why have a gun free zone if nobody bothers with checks? Is it just gun free on entering the building, the grounds, the complex???

Well he managed to kit himself out like Arnie did in Commando..Someone sold him the equipment.

baron if you annoyed me enough I could get very angry and decide to kill you..luckily for you I cannot get access to guns. ;)

On the other hand and unfortunately for me you have access to the red armies surplus and I am no longer safe at my present address. :)

I don't want to shoot you, I think you are good man))) maybe I wrong but hope not.

Personally I think I can shoot in somebody only when me or my family will be in critical dangerous.

I don't want to shoot you, I think you are good man))) maybe I wrong but hope not.

Personally I think I can shoot in somebody only when me or my family will be in critical dangerous.

I know you do not want to shoot me (well i hope not :)) i was just being flippant and a bit cheeky.

I would kill to protect my family too my friend.

I have a simplistic view of things. People being slaughtered= ban guns & more laws please. Then again i don't fear my Government, I do not like them, but i do not fear them. This seems to be an underlying tone among the pro gun lobby ;)

So this is quite possibly the dumbest attitude towards gun control. Of course more gun control laws would have prevented this or at least lessened the number of dead. The idiot in DC bought his guns legally because of relaxed gun control laws. Had the proper gun laws been enacted to prevent him from buying guns, then the crimes above never would have been committed.

Are you a pinko liberal Mr Pak40 ;)

Even if they tried to take the guns from the mad, bad and dangerous?

Go ask to the mujahadeen or taliban.

The government right now would have a hell of a time confiscating guns or try to take over. You need to have the support of the people.

If the government here in the states tries to take anyones guns there would be a civil war like no other. Im talking a massive insurgency. Right now people are PISSED at the government trampling all over our rights, spying on us! It makes me mad thinking about it.

Even if they tried to take the guns from the mad, bad and dangerous?

Some people would say that George W. qualified as one of the above mentioned. Don't know about that, but I think it would have been better if somebody had stopped him before he started playing with his guns..

Personally, I'm just thankful that we have a thread on the board that is virtually guaranteed to get Steve to show up and post something, even if its just 'Locking this one up'.

lol actually, considering the subject matter, this has not descended in to a slanging match. I cannot see why he would materialise to lock it.

those finish want to sort out their weapons laws too!

http://translate.google.fi/translate?sl=fi&tl=en&prev=_t&hl=fi&ie=UTF-8&u=http://www.iltasanomat.fi/kotimaa/art-1288600632858.html&act=url

why would anybody need one of those? is she worried about intruders? ;)

Some people would say that George W. qualified as one of the above mentioned. Don't know about that, but I think it would have been better if somebody had stopped him before he started playing with his guns..

Fairs fair Blair wanted to play with his guns too. Lets not forget Ca-moron was trying to get his toys out too recently