Sign in to follow this  
mathiasbw

hello robert carver...

Hi mathias,

Sorry, but no. :(

I got inspired recently after viewing Letters from Iwo Jima and started work on Operation Downfall... :) I have most of the map done, but have some work to do on scripts.

Here are a couple of pics of progress so far...

attachment.php?attachmentid=1802&stc=1&d=1377576662

[attachment.php?attachmentid=1801&stc=1&d=1377576627

post-54-14186762478_thumb.jpg

post-54-141867624781_thumb.jpg

hello robert, great!!

operation downfall is very interesting, starts on nov 1, 1945 and when you release the map? the usa planned to use nbc weapons and japan chemical and biological wpns, you add them?

mathias

Hi Mathias,

I have considered the effects of the a-bombs... I'll use a script to keep Hiroshima and Nagasiki low on supply; also the Japanese 2nd Army HQ (Hata) will be just re-forming outside Hiroshima.

My current thoughts have turned to Manchuria and Korea; how far the Soviet advance would have gone by November, and what the American reaction would have been.

I think the American plan to occupy Japanese lands (operation blacklist) included designated units to land in Korea at Inchon. There are lots of historical references, so I can look into the actions being planned by MacArthur's HQ and the US Corps that was to occupy southern Korea. For me the research is part of the fun!

Robert

hi robert,

i love historical research also very much!! one of my hobbies/interests is history.

when is the map available, in september? do you add the japanese volunteer fighting corps?

mathias

Hi Mathias,

Yes, would say map would be available in September; maybe late September.

I do have Japanese militia; I have to script those in, not really sure how I'll do that yet. We'll also have Japanese partisans.

Robert

Hi Mathias,

I did not plan on making the partisans stronger, why should that be?

Yes, I have included the UK; their Pacific Fleet plus British, Australian, New Zealand, Canadian and Indian army Divisions.

Robert