AXIS - CMBN-Market Garden - BETA AAR

More of the same this turn... long range sniping to little effect... one dead PIAT team from a Stummel round, etc.

There was one significant development however... these little babies were spotted moving out of the town.. now that's interesting. Right at turn end one of my Jpz's was aiming at the foremost AA tank.. with any luck it'll kill it next turn just in time to get the second in its sights as well.

9753211073_8b85e65086_b.jpg

Okay, I'm sending my Jpz crews back to the range.. both of them had chances to kill all three of Ken's tanks (that's right, the support tank joined the two AA tanks in exiting the town), both missed all shots, except one which hit the support tank, and bounced. Wow.

Good on Ken for getting them out safely.. but what is he doing with them? I suspect he is moving them to the rear and laterally across the battlefield to deal with my edge huggers... its a head scratcher really. The town is the objective of this scenario (I am ignoring all the other objectives) and moving your storngest assets out of it doesn't make sense to me.

Well, now Ken has presented me with an opportunity... the town has nothing but infantry and support units in it.

9758228586_549abc333e_b.jpg

Bill Really enjoying the AAr.

Which terrain mod are you using.? The ground seems much better (realistic ) compared with your opponent.

No mods at all (this is a beta AAR after all, used to show off the new module. No mods allowed i would think).

He is using the movie mode filter tho. Not available in CMBN yet, but its in CMFI so if you have that just check your hotkeys next time you play.

Do you happen to know whether, if you have both CMBN(w/wo CW)2.0 and MG, can the urban combat features from MG now be incorporated into CMBN? I think I asked that properly.

I'm not Bill but the usual way things work is once you have you game patched to the same version you get the same features. So, in this example, assuming they use the version number 2.1 for the patch that comes with MG, once the 2.1 patch comes out for non MG owners and you patch your game to 2.1 then you have all the features they added in 2.1.

I don't know how Ken kept this PIAT team hidden.. I had an infantry team not less than 100m away... good for him. I will say this about Ken's play, he is definitely keeping me guessing... his mostly infantry force is like a bunch of nearly invisible gnats that keep causing me pain.. not sure I have enough ammo to kill them all. ;)

So Ken's PIAT team got two rounds off... both hit, the first penetrates and causes some damage. Damn.. this tank is done for the scenario.. I'll be pulling it off the line now.. but it isn't like this tank could hit anything anyway.. it fired at Ken's tanks and several rounds at a truck moving very slow up and down a side road (what's that about?) all rounds missing.

9835675205_f9b2e5a921_b.jpg

My Jpz spotted the PIAT team, and with two rounds takes it out. How many of those things does Ken have? I know I have killed at least three of them now.

9835686686_64bc52de8b_b.jpg

OK so IRL what does it mean? The firing trigger is broken?

Seems harsh that MG's out of action as well...

I had thought that stuff like that was covered by the 75mm Main heading?

Electrical and/or hydraulic malfunctions, for instance. Or indeed something (like your trigger finger) mechanical broke or came off. Or sighting mechanism out of focus, etc. All kinds of possibilities, but it boils down to this: the tank can't shoot no more even when the gun is undamaged.

So, in this example, assuming they use the version number 2.1 for the patch that comes with MG, once the 2.1 patch comes out for non MG owners and you patch your game to 2.1 then you have all the features they added in 2.1.

Except that Steve has posted repeatedly and emphatically that patches do not usually contain new features, but only bug fixes. In order to get new features without buying the module that contains them, you would need to buy the upgrade on a separate disk. Those have been going for US$10, which is cheaper than a module, but does not contain all the other stuff that comes with a module.

Michael

The gods of battle decided to give Ken an undeserved break, just to keep the game going.

It is well known that Odin often makes sure that the best and bravest warlords lose their battles. This to ensure that he has the most capable warriors at his side in Valhal when the final great battle of Ragnarok (that is what Wagner called Götterdämmerung) begins.

Except that Steve has posted repeatedly and emphatically that patches do not usually contain new features, but only bug fixes. In order to get new features without buying the module that contains them, you would need to buy the upgrade on a separate disk. Those have been going for US$10, which is cheaper than a module, but does not contain all the other stuff that comes with a module.

Michael

Features versus behavioral changes...it's a thin line. I wouldn't take anything said previously as an absolute. BF seems definitely to be still finding their way on the new support model and how Modules/patches/upgrades and what not all fit together.

Features versus behavioral changes...it's a thin line

Yeah, tomato tomato (wait that does not work in written form)

I just mean that once the 2.1 patch comes out I expect the CMBN with no modules will behave the same as 2.1 with the MG module in terms of these urban combat improvements and whatever other changes are mode.