AXIS - CMBN-Market Garden - BETA AAR

Bill,

Since you so swiftly slaughtered c3k's Cromwells, do you already feel victorious?

Well of course not.. Ken still has a large force and I've barely touched his infantry, and I do not underestimate the three tanks he has in the town. There is a long way to go yet on this one.

And does it make you change your plan of attack?

Not so far... I am pressing forward with my attempt to flank his Windmill Force.. though what shape that takes is not yet decided.

Bil

Thought you guys might like to see this video of the Möbilwagen converting to the ready to fire position.

Enjoy!

Very nice indeed. Have you tried to ask BFC to give you HTML posting permissions - I see that this is disabled by default on my forum account. If that's possible you should be able to use the HTML 5.0 embed code provided by youtube

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/J5Rw9ltU8kk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
[/HTML]

Ken has pushed some infantry teams very close to my lead elements from 1/9... they are very close and dropped 3 out of 4 in the lead team, and also took out the Panther commander.

If anything my scouting has been woeful this game... time to step that up some.. I should not get surprised like this. Excellent job on Ken's side, he is not making this easy.

9658407951_b3a96f6a11_b.jpg

3/9's lead elements are just over the ridge from Ken's teams that hit 1/9... they can enfilade Ken's units and hopefully hurt them.

9661639640_56216cb87a_b.jpg

Möbelwagen or Moebelwagen

ö = oe

ä = ae

ü = ue

I had a really hard time refrain from pointing at Bil's error.

Thank you for taking the load of me!

Okay, I can't help myself.

"Mobilwagen" means "Mobile Vehicle"

"Möbel" means "furniture"

"Möbil" means nothing.

Oh wow. What a relief.

Great AAR though!

Ken is moving his units around that are opposite 1/9... this unit pulled off the hedgerow at the beginning of the turn and repositioned later in the turn further up the hedgerow. He kept one on the line providing cover for this move.

9669864850_50f35df1c7_b.jpg

But now I have portions of 3/9 in position and ready to place some enfilade fire onto Ken's teams on the hedgerow. They have to casue some damage.. no?

9666633355_fcda06b087_b.jpg

Those hedgerows do look a little unkempt... If that's the release graphic for "plain old hedges", I can see some people becoming hurt and confused when their PBI hiding behind what looks a lot like Normandais bocage get thoroughly shredded by incoming fire.

Most likely it is the "low bocage" that is used.

I was simply pointing out that his questioning on wether hedgerows exist in holland is a bit silly.

Most likely it is the "low bocage" that is used.

I hope not. Bocage of any height was pretty much restricted to Normandy. I was kinda hoping there would be some intermediate hedges between the little "box hedge" type and "low bocage"; hedges that give substantial concealment but which don't completely prohibit movement through them.

I hope not. Bocage of any height was pretty much restricted to Normandy. I was kinda hoping there would be some intermediate hedges between the little "box hedge" type and "low bocage"; hedges that give substantial concealment but which don't completely prohibit movement through them.

Well thats what it looks like.

Blame the scenario designer if you feel like blaming anyone. We have the same tools as we did in CMBN so we could theoretically fill up all of holland with bocage if we wanted to.

The firefight at the hedgerow, Ken's teams break and run for safety. I believe the first team was a planned withdrawal, but this team broke one member at a time under the fire. I was hoping for suppression.

Here is a video of this action

9677563308_4d9f0221c6_b.jpg

Ken has pushed two teams right up to the windmill.. that place is a death trap, as he is learning. He really wants this thing as he keeps pushing.

9674333253_9a1f55d50e_b.jpg

Along with the two teams making a push for the windmill, Ken has mortar fire falling in the woods where the Wirblewind is located. His mortars right now are the one thing keeping me from moving forward in this location. They are brutal, but thankfully casualties have been light from their fire... so far.

9677563284_ec21e1a32e_b.jpg