Today in History

JonS

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Several of those are, strictly speaking, not tanks but something else, artillery pieces for instance.

BTW, I've always had a soft spot in my heart for the T-35. It may not have been a very practical or effective weapon, but it looks like the ideal of what a schoolboy would have drawn in his notebook when he was supposed to be studying algebra.

:)

Michael

Having that impact on you Michael, even after my somewhat extended absence, is a BIIIIIIG complement!

It's not so much that, but I have this gift of foresight. Happens quite often that I will get to thinking about some long lost and a day or two later what happens but he or she pops up.

Here's the chuck bucket. **passes the bucket over**

Thanks, mate. *uuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrp* There. Feel much better.

Michael

[...and so the Paddock shed doors are slowly creaked open to reveal the musky, dark secrets of the donkey pleasure dome. An establishment to which a certain Michael Emrys Esq has enjoyed full member status privileges for quite some time with unlimited access and special attention that Platinum Fastrack VIP accounts always confer. And as the treadle mill is brought up to speed preparations are being made for Michael's very specific and unique needs]

It's not so much that, but I have this gift of foresight. Happens quite often that I will get to thinking about some long lost and a day or two later what happens but he or she pops up.

Michael

Sounds like a Halloween house over at your place with corpses scattered about that periodically rise up in response to your thoughts.

Must be great for date night. Any sign of Jimmy Hoffa there?

26 August 1918

Sergeant Reginald Judson earns the Victoria Cross for his actions at Bapaume, France. While both leading a small party, and acting alone, he routed out several enemy machine gun posts. He earned the Military Medal on 16 August for actions a Bucqouy, and the DCM on 24-25 July for actions at Hébuterne. All in all, that must have been a busy month for Sgt Judson.

Got your priorities right I see, and make sure you ask for the bucket back, you're going to need it when your Team goes out of the finals in straight sets.

Noba.

Straight sets?

Sounds like you're confusing tennis with AFL to me. it's all that sand clogging up your synapses, isn't it?

29 August 1928

A British military airship mission arrives in New Zealand to select a suitable site for an airship mooring-tower base. Because the Government of Australia failed to select a site on Australia’s eastern seaboard, the concept of an airship link with the United Kingdom was never feasible. Stupid Aussies.