Sort of an Old Time Noob question...

I'm a Strategic Command I player from way back when, and it looks like I may finally have the time and coin to get back in the fray.

My oh my, what a bunch of new stuff to ponder! In fact, it's a little confusing to someone like me who is overwhelmed by the options and slow on the uptake to begin with.:o

My guess is, as a player who is interested in a large scale, global, "World in Flames" type experience, with an emphasis on the Western Front in Europe and the Pacific Theater, and as someone who is going to playing against the AI almost exclusively, the route to go would be basic Global Conflict plus AoD.

If I understand correctly, the addition of AoD to vanilla GC negates the need to get the gold version of GC, unless one wanted to "go back" to playing the smaller scale of GC with the gold features.

Also, the essential difference between AoD and AoC is that AoD has the bigger scale and the scenario list more Westfront/Pacific focused, while AoC doesn't have the larger scale and the scenario list is exclusively Eastfront focused.

If anybody could confirm or correct the above, I'd surely appreciate it.

Also, is there a GC+AoD bundle that I'm missing, or is the only purchase option GC and AoD separately?

Thanks!

Ah, that's AoD and AoC for $40, a nice ten dollar discount for those wanting both...but there's no base game there.

It would be nice to see a base game plus one of the new "Assault on" modules bundle, but alas, no dice.