Russian activation events...

Hi!

I got a question regarding the 4 Russian activation events on the border with Germany... I do not fully understand these events... I copied their text below, so you don't have to look them up in the editor!

Event #1. Warsaw/Konigsberg Garrisons in 1940 (USSR->Allies)

Event #2. Warsaw/Konigsberg Garrisons in 1941 (USSR->Allies)

Question 1. Are Event #1 and Event #2 cumulative in 1941? If I abandon either one of these cities in 1941, do I get the 2-3% activation from 1) PLUS the 3-5% from 2?

This is a rather theoretic question, I never abandon them, but inquiring minds want to know!

Event #3. Soviet Border Garrisons in 1941 (USSR->Allies)

Question 2. Do I understand this correct when I say that this event #3 only triggers when you got 0 units in a 5-hex radius around Warshaw?

So, if I got one unit in Warshaw and one in Koningsburg, this does NOT trigger? That's a very odd, because we already have an event that triggers when you abandon Warshaw. Is this their intended purpose?

Or... do I need one unit EXACTLY 5 hexes away from Warshaw? It says [5,5] for the min, max range, so it's not clear where I need the units...

Event #4. Axis Build Up For War With The USSR (USSR->Allies)

Question 3. What does the [2,2] means?

a) Does this event triggers when I got one unit in Warshaw and 7 units next to Warshaw?

B) Does this event triggers when I got one unit in Warshaw and exactly 7 units that are exactly 2 hexes away from Warshaw?

c) Does this event triggers when I got one unit in Warshaw, exactly 3 adjacent to Warshaw and exactly 4 units that are 2 hexes away from Warshaw?

d) Does this event triggers when I have 8 units exactly 2 hexes away from Warshaw?

If B), c) or d) is 'yes', then someone should change the text in the event (it says ''8-10 units in or adjacent''), cause 2 hexes away is NOT adjacent, no it is not!

Question 4. Are the units cumulative with Warshaw & Insterburg?

So, if I got 4 units 'around' Warshaw plus another 4 units 'around' Insterburg (whatever 'around' means), does this event triggers?

The reason why I ask this, is because I was playing nice with Russia, putting my units far away and all of a sudden, BOOM, they go from 86% to 102%, decalre war and attack my poor, innocent German soldiers!

Germany had 8 troops exactly two hexes from Warshaw, so maybe that triggered it.

; Axis abandon Soviet frontier positions resulting in a

; 2-3% increase in USSR mobilization towards Allies

{

#NAME= Warsaw/Konigsberg Garrisons in 1940 (USSR->Allies)

#POPUP=

#IMAGE=

#SOUND=

#FLAG= 1

#TYPE= 2

#AI= 0

#GV= 1[1,100]

#LINK= 0[0]

#LEVEL= 0

#COUNTRY_ID= 4

#TRIGGER= 75

#DATE= 1940/01/01

; 2-3% mobilization increase towards Allies

#MOBILIZATION= [2,3] [2]

; Set variable conditions:

; 1st Line - Germany politically aligned with Axis and not surrendered

#VARIABLE_CONDITION= 6 [1] [100] [0]

; Axis abandon Warsaw OR

#CONDITION_POSITION= 185,70 [0,0] [0,0] [1] [0]

; Axis abandon Konigsberg

#CONDITION_POSITION= 183,66 [0,0] [0,0] [1] [0]

}

; Axis abandon Soviet frontier positions resulting in a

; 3-5% increase in USSR mobilization towards Allies

{

#NAME= Warsaw/Konigsberg Garrisons in 1941 (USSR->Allies)

#POPUP=

#IMAGE=

#SOUND=

#FLAG= 1

#TYPE= 2

#AI= 0

#GV= 1[1,100]

#LINK= 0[0]

#LEVEL= 0

#COUNTRY_ID= 4

#TRIGGER= 75

#DATE= 1941/01/01

; 3-5% mobilization increase towards Allies

#MOBILIZATION= [3,5] [2]

; Axis abandon Warsaw OR

#CONDITION_POSITION= 185,70 [0,0] [0,0] [1] [0]

; Axis abandon Konigsberg

#CONDITION_POSITION= 183,66 [0,0] [0,0] [1] [0]

}

; Axis have limited Soviet border positions resulting in a

; 3-7% increase in USSR mobilization towards Allies

{

#NAME= Soviet Border Garrisons in 1941 (USSR->Allies)

#POPUP=

#IMAGE=

#SOUND=

#FLAG= 1

#TYPE= 2

#AI= 0

#GV= 1[1,100]

#LINK= 0[0]

#LEVEL= 0

#COUNTRY_ID= 4

#TRIGGER= 75

#DATE= 1941/01/01

; 3-7% mobilization increase towards Allies

#MOBILIZATION= [3,7] [2]

; Axis have no units in or adjacent to Warsaw and Konigsberg

#CONDITION_POSITION= 185,70 [5,5] [0,0] [1] [0]

}

; Axis have too many Soviet frontier positions resulting in a

; 5-10% increase in USSR mobilization towards Allies

{

#NAME= Axis Build Up For War With The USSR (USSR->Allies)

#POPUP=

#IMAGE=

#SOUND=

#FLAG= 1

#TYPE= 2

#AI= 0

#GV= 1[1,100]

#LINK= 0[0]

#LEVEL= 0

#COUNTRY_ID= 4

#TRIGGER= 50

#DATE= 1940/06/01

; 5-10% mobilization increase towards Allies

#MOBILIZATION= [5,10] [2]

; Axis have 8-10 units in or adjacent Insterburg OR

; Axis have 8-10 units in or adjacent Warsaw

#CONDITION_POSITION= 185,67 [2,2] [8,10] [1] [0]

#CONDITION_POSITION= 185,70 [2,2] [8,10] [1] [0]

• 2 weeks later...
Hi!

I got a question regarding the 4 Russian activation events on the border with Germany... I do not fully understand these events... I copied their text below, so you don't have to look them up in the editor!

Hi TaoJah!

Sorry for the delay in replying, and thanks for posting the scripts here, it does help. :)

Event #1. Warsaw/Konigsberg Garrisons in 1940 (USSR->Allies)

Event #2. Warsaw/Konigsberg Garrisons in 1941 (USSR->Allies)

Question 1. Are Event #1 and Event #2 cumulative in 1941? If I abandon either one of these cities in 1941, do I get the 2-3% activation from 1) PLUS the 3-5% from 2?

This is a rather theoretic question, I never abandon them, but inquiring minds want to know!

Yes, they are cumulative, so what is happening is that the effect of leaving your eastern border empty increases over time.

Question 2. Do I understand this correct when I say that this event #3 only triggers when you got 0 units in a 5-hex radius around Warshaw?

So, if I got one unit in Warshaw and one in Koningsburg, this does NOT trigger? That's a very odd, because we already have an event that triggers when you abandon Warshaw. Is this their intended purpose?

Or... do I need one unit EXACTLY 5 hexes away from Warshaw? It says [5,5] for the min, max range, so it's not clear where I need the units...

This is looking for Axis units within 5 tiles of Warsaw and Konigsberg, so while the previous scripts will fire if the locations themselves weren't garrisoned, this one kicks in if the area is empty of Axis units.

This is because if someone were to just move a unit out of Warsaw, then the effect shouldn't be as great as if the whole region is empty.

The aim is to prevent the Axis player from using their whole army to conquer other parts of Europe or Africa while ignoring the coming war in the east.

Question 3.
What does the [2,2] means?

a) Does this event triggers when I got one unit in Warshaw and 7 units next to Warshaw?

B) Does this event triggers when I got one unit in Warshaw and exactly 7 units that are exactly 2 hexes away from Warshaw?

c) Does this event triggers when I got one unit in Warshaw, exactly 3 adjacent to Warshaw and exactly 4 units that are 2 hexes away from Warshaw?

d) Does this event triggers when I have 8 units exactly 2 hexes away from Warshaw?

If B), c) or d) is 'yes', then someone should change the text in the event (it says ''8-10 units in or adjacent''), cause 2 hexes away is NOT adjacent, no it is not!

Question 4. Are the units cumulative with Warshaw & Insterburg?

So, if I got 4 units 'around' Warshaw plus another 4 units 'around' Insterburg (whatever 'around' means), does this event triggers?

The reason why I ask this, is because I was playing nice with Russia, putting my units far away and all of a sudden, BOOM, they go from 86% to 102%, decalre war and attack my poor, innocent German soldiers!

Germany had 8 troops exactly two hexes from Warshaw, so maybe that triggered it.

Thanks for the answers!

So...

- always keep 1 unit in Warshaw and in Koningsberg

- don't have 8, 9 or 10 units 0, 1 or 2 hexes around Warshaw

- don't have 8, 9 or 10 units 0, 1 or 2 hexes around Koningsberg.

Kinda odd that 11 or more units are okay, hehe.

And apperently, [2, 2] does not mean 'minimum distance 2, maximum distance 2', but 'minimum distance 0, maximum distance 2'. That makes sense game-wise, but it's just odd to put [2, 2] in the files and not [0,2]. But okay, no biggie, I guess there were technical reasons for it. Good to know!

Hi

You're right with the summary, and the scripts are just looking for 8-10 units, they stop counting once they've found that number and just trigger the script, so if 11 were there then the script would fire in the same way.

With your last point, [0,2] means that the engine will pick a figure between 0 and 2, and use that for its checks that turn. So if it picked 1 and your units were 2 away, they wouldn't be counted.

[2,2] literally means a check for units within 2 tiles, with no variability as mentioned in the paragraph above.

The variability option can sometimes be useful when you don't want things to be too predictable, but in a situation like this it isn't really applicable.

You're right with the summary, and the scripts are just looking for 8-10 units, they stop counting once they've found that number and just trigger the script, so if 11 were there then the script would fire in the same way.

That seems strange to me. Why 8-10? Isn't it the same with 8-9? I meen in that way that the engine count up by itself from 8 or 9 and higher? I always guess you only need the most upper number like 8. Then the engine verify for 9, 10, 11 cause the number 8 is always included?

Hi Amadeus

I see what you mean, and I'll try to explain this slightly differently.

If the engine picks say 10 as it's number that turn, then if it only finds 8 then the script won't fire. As a result, any variation such as we have here in the 8-10 setting will lead to some turns when having 8 or 9 units won't trigger the script.

I hope that makes more sense as to how it works.

Bill