Operation Market Garden announced!

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Totally New Stuff, Not found in either CW, CMFI, or GL. I do not guarantee this list is perfect.

Equipment

- Challenger Mk VIII tank*

- Crusader III AA Mk II tank*

- Jeep w/ mounted Vickers MG*

- M18 Hellcat* New

LeGrW 36 50mm mortar*

Mobelwagon AA vehicle*

Pz IIIG tank*

- Pz IVJ (late) tank*

- SPW 250/1 (neu) halftrack* (Not sure how these half-tracks differ from non neu versions)

,- SPW 250/3 (neu) halftrack*

- SPW 250/7 (neu) halftrack*

- SPW 250/9 (neu) halftrack*

- SPW 250/10 (neu) halftrack*

- SPW 251/17 Ausf D halftrack*

- SPW 251/21 Ausf D halftrack*

- Sdkfz 233 75mm armored car*

- Sdkfz 10/5 AA halftrack*

- StuH 42 (late) assault gun* New (mid is in GL )

- PSW 234/3 75mm armored car*

- Wirbelwind AA vehicle*

- M1A1 75mm pack howitzer* In GL for USA only not British

USA Bofors 40mm AA gun* in GL, British only

King Tiger tank w/ Henschel turret* (only porche version in CW)

Formations

British

Glider Pilot Company

Airborne Recce Squadron

Poland:

- Parachute Battalion

- Parachute Engineer Squadron

- Air Landing Antitank Battery

USA

- Airborne Recon Platoon

- Glider Pack Howitzer Battery

Germany (Heer):

- Panzer Brigade Panzer Battalion

- Panzer Brigade Panzergrenadier Battalion

- Panzer Aufklärungs Battalion (Type 43) Aufklarungs are available in both GL and base. However, not clear what differences are between those and the two listed here.

- Panzer Aufklärungs Battalion (Type 44)

- Tiger Battalion (Henschel)-In CW but with Porsche instead

- Reserve Panzer Platoon (Panzer III G based)

- Sicherungs Battalion

- Ersatz Battalion New

Germany (Waffen SS):

- Panzer Company (ad hoc)

- Panzerjäger Company (ad hoc)

- Panzergrenadier Kampfgruppe

- Panzergrenadier Flak Platoon (Regimental)

- Panzer Aufklärungs Battalion (Type 43)

- Panzer Aufklärungs Battalion (Type 44)

- Panzer Pioneer Battalion new? (different from PG Pioneer in CW?)

- Tiger Battalion (Henschel) New, althought Porche exists in CW

- - Grenadier Ersatz Battalion

- Schule Battalion

Germany (Luftwaffe):

- Fallschirmjäger Aufklärungs Battalion

- Fallschirmjäger Aufklärungs Company (Regimental)

- Fliegerhorst Battalion

Germany (Kriegsmarine):

- Schiffstamm Battalion

- Marine Schützen Battalion Germany (available for various branches):

- Armored Flak Platoon (37mm and Quad 20mm)

Totally New Stuff, Not found in either CW, CMFI, or GL. I do not guarantee this list is perfect.

Equipment

- Challenger Mk VIII tank*

- Crusader III AA Mk II tank*

- Jeep w/ mounted Vickers MG*

- M18 Hellcat* New

LeGrW 36 50mm mortar*

Mobelwagon AA vehicle*

Pz IIIG tank*

- Pz IVJ (late) tank*

- SPW 250/1 (neu) halftrack* (Not sure how these half-tracks differ from non neu versions)

,- SPW 250/3 (neu) halftrack*

- SPW 250/7 (neu) halftrack*

- SPW 250/9 (neu) halftrack*

- SPW 250/10 (neu) halftrack*

- SPW 251/17 Ausf D halftrack*

- SPW 251/21 Ausf D halftrack*

- Sdkfz 233 75mm armored car*

- Sdkfz 10/5 AA halftrack*

- StuH 42 (late) assault gun* New (mid is in GL )

- PSW 234/3 75mm armored car*

- Wirbelwind AA vehicle*

- M1A1 75mm pack howitzer* In GL for USA only not British

USA Bofors 40mm AA gun* in GL, British only

King Tiger tank w/ Henschel turret* (only porche version in CW)

completely "New Stuff", it is only a few (challenger, hellcat, wirbelwind, crusader) the rest of the vehicles are different variations of already existing

completely "New Stuff", it is only a few (challenger, hellcat, wirbelwind, crusader) the rest of the vehicles are different variations of already existing

Ya know I keep telling them they could Save $$ & Time

& that they should only Have a Single Tank & Soldier Model

But for some reason I keep being shouted down

with Comments about TO&E Accuracy and the Variety of AFV's & Troops

waclaw-I do not disagree with your analysis.

My view has evolved a little bit from the previous thread. I now think that for those that own CMBN+CW mod, MG mod is a good value. However, for those of us that have CMBN+CW and CMFI+GL, it is not as clear cut, because there is a lot of equipment overlap between GL and MG (mostly the AA stuff). It will depend very much on your interest in the MG maps and scenarios.

waclaw-I do not disagree with your analysis.

My view has evolved a little bit from the previous thread. I now think that for those that own CMBN+CW mod, MG mod is a good value. However, for those of us that have CMBN+CW and CMFI+GL, it is not as clear cut, because there is a lot of equipment overlap between GL and MG (mostly the AA stuff). It will depend very much on your interest in the MG maps and scenarios.

So your saying because you have something in Fortress Italy it lowers the value if it's Duplicated in the Normandy Family? Hey, you're entitled to you opinion but I don't think a lot of people are going to agree with you.

Don't forget equipment is only a small part of the reason to pick up the module. Look back at good-old CMSF - the later module scenarios/campaigns were exponentially improved over the basegame scenarios. They 'made' the entire title. If you picked up the original CMSF but didn't touch UK and NATO you missed out on most of the reason for having the title to begin with, by virtue of their incomparable scenarios and campaigns.

You've described the polish position succintly. They seek an alternative "minimalist" package. Perhaps it's a shortage of HD space!?!

Hey guys, can we keep the ethnic stuff out of this please? As Steve pointed out Moon is Polish. Well at least before he became a German and then an American.

Hey guys, can we keep the ethnic stuff out of this please? As Steve pointed out Moon is Polish. Well at least before he became a German and then an American.

I Agree i wasn't meaning to point anything out

based on anyones Ethnicity or Personal traits

The consistent dissenters Waclaw and Beelzebub are polish players. There's nothing pejorative in stating that fact for the ease of indication of who we are talking about. If you american guys want to refer to Wodin, Womble, Para and me as the english chaps, I very much doubt any of us would consider that to be remotely offensive. Hell it's not as if we chaps don't want to be english and consider it an insult.

EDIT: Ok ok, for the sake of harmony, I shall in future refer to them as 'our European friends' - better!?! :rolleyes:

I wrote the truth, completely new vehicle a few, the rest are different variations of already existing - that is a fact. - This is not a criticism, I do not expect a lot of completely new vehicles (give Hetzer!) - A natural for the CM series (which is also a great advantage) that in the game are different versions of the same vehicle.

Besides, I'm such a request, to those which are used in discussing racist "arguments" of the Poles - we do not have to like, respect, you insult me​​, point out my mistakes, but do not use so stupid, childish, ethnic, racist "arguments" .

I do not care if I talk to the Germans, the French, the Jews, or of black people - because of their ethnic origin can not be an argument in a discussion about CM

Perhaps not, but most economists would.

No actually they probably wouldn't. They are two different game families so the existence of anything in one is irrelevant to the existence of anything in the other. By your logic the East Front games should be half priced based on the German units being already mostly done.

The only thing that would guarantee is BF would never visit the Eastern Front in CM.

Once again folks are premising their arguments on value based on a very narrow window of where the labor involved is based on their own limited perception of what BF is doing. The reality is you really have no idea where the truly labor intensive stuff is.

Besides, I'm such a request, to those which are used in discussing racist "arguments" of the Poles - we do not have to like, respect, you insult me​​, point out my mistakes, but do not use so stupid, childish, ethnic, racist "arguments" .

I do not care if I talk to the Germans, the French, the Jews, or of black people - because of their ethnic origin can not be an argument in a discussion about CM

No one used "racist" arguments. He was referring to the fact it was a couple of Polish players that were complaining. Here is the exact quote; "I wondered if our sceptical polish brethren might care to comment". If you find that racially insulting or a "racist" attack, then life is gonna be REALLY tough on you.

Mord.

Just to show I try and be evenhanded, Waclaw only Blstk posted insulting comments about Poland and that was in another thread. Those comments were deleted and he was warned. I thought Steppenwolf's comments might be interpreted as going down the same path but I take his word that they were not intended as such. I really don't think this thread deserves to become another flame war. You are entitled to you opinion and other share it but many do not and I think saying Market Garden is only a few new vehicles and nothing else is rather dismissive of all the work put into it.