Operation Market Garden announced!

Operation Market Garden details galore on the home page of BFC! Lots of new stuff. Very nice! Screenshots are impressive.

I was at Hartenstein (Oosterbeek) just one hour ago, to visit the museum and walk the perimeter on the West side.

What a coincidence :-)

No mention of changes to the engine though. I hope some tweaking has been done to improve urban fighting!

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but now we do have to figure out what's going on with the screenshot slideshow. Not working consistently on my end, though of course I am using a 6 year old laptop with 4 year old OS software and an almost as old browser :D

Steve

Pics 4-7 and 15-20 aren't showing up.

Mord.

Looks good. The only question I have is urban combat and infantry. Since a good deal of the operation centers on infantry vs tanks and APCs in built up areas have any tweaks been made or was it decided that because its Brits armed with PIATs which can be used in buildings no tweaks required.

Looks good. The only question I have is urban combat and infantry. Since a good deal of the operation centers on infantry vs tanks and APCs in built up areas have any tweaks been made or was it decided that because its Brits armed with PIATs which can be used in buildings no tweaks required.

Hmm. Nijmegen is within scope too, so lots of Yanks with bazooka's. Oh, and some Jerry Schrecks will probably be around too :-) Nah, really hoping for some tweaks here.

Yup. Lots of infantry in built up areas. Not only zooks, shreiks and PIATs, but I pretty sure there was plenty of AT grenades and other improvised devices around to make a threadheads life miserable. The rubble from buildings and wrecks added to the misery. I can't imagine navigating a 60 ton King Tiger through that sort of environment was easy.

Gun elevation and being shot at with AT devices fired from higher elevations at the weaker armored spots gave infantry a good chance of knocking out any tank and exposed infantry and crews in APCs must have dreaded the urban jungle.

I really really hope that they tweaked the urban combat.

That said, even if they didn't I would still buy the module to use those new units in different settings.

But Urban Combat is off limits for me until they tweak it so that infantry can fight vehicles from buildings (and tanks have a minimum engagement range too hopefully)

I think BF should consider a module that focuses on urban combat. Its really a subject onto itself. I had a SPI game called Cityfight that focused on the subject in the modern context. Had a good manual and booklet that was packed with good info. I wish I still had it and the 1 copy I see on EBay is going for 50 bucks!