Intelligence Report

I have noticed an odd intelligence report which tells me (as Allies) that a Japanese CV has been spotted near UK, However, the actual CV is just South of Japan. I investigated why this should be and the only thing I have come up with is that Japan seems to have the same weather zone (2) as UK which is called UK. Do intelligence reports use weather zones to locate ships that have been spotted? If this is the case, how might I change it as I have not yet tried to learn much about the weather system?

Mike

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Bill

The ship was in the right place but I was only half looking at the screen whilst the intelligence reports were flashing up so it gave me a double take when an IJN CV was reported near UK.

I investigated the editor and found how I could change the names of weather zones and I have called that zone (2) "UK and or Japan" so I hope that will prevent me from being confused again.

One thing I have noticed with AOD, which is my variant scenario but still largely you guys' AI, is that the Japanese send aircraft to help the Germans in Europe in 1942. It is probably because I have given the Japanese too many fighters but I never noticed it do that in the same scenario I created in Gold. I should explain that I give Allied fighters two strikes and Japanese only one so the Japanese can effectively have more but weaker units to deploy round their island empire whilst still letting the Allies develop the much greater strength in effective numbers of planes they eventually had.

Regards

Mike

Hi Mike,

If you set Japan to non 'cooperative' in the Country Data settings this should prevent Japan from air op moving its aircraft to Germany and pretty much limit it to Japanese controlled territory only so long as there are no Air Op restrictions.

This is the setting we have in the default 1939 campaign and it should do the trick :)

Hubert