Modding Question: US Haversacks in GL

Joe, I doubt it, because the mdr?? files would need to direct the game to put them on the dogface model. If FI/GL doesn't already do that, I just don't think it can be done. (I haven't played for or against Americans in FI/GL in 6 months or more, so I don't know if there is any backpack/haversack, etc., used on the Amis.)

I believe I read on here recentlky that even a hex editor doesn't work on GL, which could possibly have re-directed what gear goes on what model.

Equipment distribution is hard-coded, plus its specific to particular units and their personal weapons too. Haversacks were left off in CMFI in large part due to criticism of their inclusion in CMBN. You don't see many picture of troops on either side engaged in close combat while carrying knapsacks on their backs, especially in mid-July in Sicily.