Sc3 announcement?

What I am looking forward the most is finally a (more or less) modern engine. The engine for Commander: The Great War is great - fluent turn processing, great performance. Of course the game itself is not as good as SC. So if SC3 uses something similar while improving the already great gameplay I'll be very happy.

I hope there will be a "real" diplomacy system this time around.

And, I really hope the game will not have minor nations anymore. I hate them! I understand their use in SC2 but I don't think it's a good concept in general. That's one thing that I actually liked about C:TGW.

I hope there will be a "real" diplomacy system this time around.

And, I really hope the game will not have minor nations anymore.

I am not trying to be rude

But I don't understand this. how could you want real diplomacy but not have minor nations anymore. Am I missing something?

I mean the concept of minor nations that are dependent on a "mother nation".

I want all nations to be independent, get their own production and have their own IC gain/tech/production, their own national morale if used in SC3 and their own diplomatic statuses.

I do understand that this would be a lot of additional work - but I have to say, I do expect a lot of new concepts for SC3 and not just the same old game with new coat!

..., where are the landscapes? :) and where are the wonderful, detailed sc maps? the lordz/matrix style is not the best, i find...

Second!

Where are the country-specific, different cities, villages and cottages?

Capitals/cities as sterile "buttons"? :mad:

I love so lovely details such as different designs for cities.

What I see on the screenshots, I will not buy!

Sorry Hubert.

Second!

Where are the country-specific, different cities, villages and cottages?

Capitals/cities as sterile "buttons"? :mad:

I love so lovely details such as different designs for cities.

What I see on the screenshots, I will not buy!

Sorry Hubert.

Lol are you a complete moron or something? It should be obvious for everyone with a sane mind that these screenies were tests and not whats gonna be in the game. Congrats on the most inane post ever.

So you want a turn based HoI 3 lol

If that was directed towards me: frankly, yes, I would LOVE a turn based HOI3!:D

But in that case, I merely meant that every nation should be independent like Germany/Italy/USA/USSR etc. are in SC2 already, not that they should all be controlled independently.

There is more than one Strategic Command series out there. I would guess Matrix is getting a jump on the name SC3 with the series they put out, and is not necessarily affiliated with people we know here at Battlefront.

Lol are you a complete moron or something? It should be obvious for everyone with a sane mind that these screenies were tests and not whats gonna be in the game. Congrats on the most inane post ever.

I'm glad it was obvious as that is exactly what it is, a very early version. But please keep things friendly and polite on here. :)

Hey everyone, I just wanted to quickly pop in and confirm that SC3 will be published by Matrix/Slitherine and that once proper forums are set up over there that the discussion should naturally move there as well.

We will also continue to support existing SC games here at Battlefront and I just wanted to thank everyone for their support and interest in our products :)

Hubert

Hard to tell much but hexes and what looks to be a commitment to keep it a bit simple are good news, both. Personally want not too big a map, better diplomacy, loss of massive unrealistic force concentrations (including operational air too far or too many air units in one theatre) but keep addictive game play with flexible strategic options and competitive game balance please. Simple 2D graphics would get my vote and not too detailed map, old SPI style maybe.

Nice to see this project is moving, particularly as we might see the only decent competition in Flames of War too, understand has been a nightmare to program but the board game has some nice mechanics and maps are good, restrained but informative. Its one of the few games SC could learn from.

2014 might be a good year......

Congratulations Hubert, you're joining the "strategic" professionals and yes BF was good for the interim, but let's face it, BF's forte' is Combat Mission.

I'll be awaiting with baited breath for some details of the naval - air model, please share or allow your developers to communicate with the forum. I'll be expecting a lively discourse.;)

Thanks for SC3!:)

Congratulations Hubert, you're joining the "strategic" professionals and yes BF was good for the interim, but let's face it, BF's forte' is Combat Mission.

I'll be awaiting with baited breath for some details of the naval - air model, please share or allow your developers to communicate with the forum. I'll be expecting a lively discourse.;)

Thanks for SC3!:)

Should'nt be whining that there are no tiles in sc3? You have after all said you preferred them over hexes on countless ocassions. Now stand your ground and sit here at BF and play "tetris" while us true wargamers finally after 10 years of waiting get to play hexes and european theatre.

Personally I like a good game if it is a good game a playable over and over which all Strategic Command games are despite if it is hex or tile or whatever and whatever Hubert is involved in have been some of the best war games made.

Despite some wanting continuous front lines the reality of WWII was it was a non-fluid war for the most part. Only at times was the front made fluid and continuous front lines moved around. This is what the war should represent. It depends on someone's play style along with how a game is geared towards a situation and how people react to situations given allowing for a continuous front if those situations favor it however not always.

On force concentration, perhaps two changes are needed:

1. In addition to current supply model where each unit calculates their supply individually, there needs to be an overall supply capacity of a region (Theatre) where you compare multiple supply sources with the number of units demanding supply. This would reduce supply level of units if the strategic capacity of the region is exceeded.

It would be nice if a power could pay MPP to temporarily boost the supply capacity of a theatre, this would simulate Mulberry harbours etc. in Normandy landings without specific detailed rules and reflect strategic prioritization of a theatre of war.

2. Please reduce air operational movement, this is the worst offender in force concentrations because air is easiest to deploy. Its true there were strategic redeployments of air but no power would strip a theatre completely to concentrate in one location and that is pretty common in seriously competitive games. Naval concentrations are more reasonable but even there have seen almost entire Axis and Allied navies facing off in Far East, doubt port capacity would support this model.

The biggest concern is I doubt Slitherine will be happy if Fury Soft carry on making patches or improvements for the games under BF when they are now under Slitherines mighty umbrella (personally I wouldn't sign with them..but thats me..I've spoken to two developers now from over there who aren't Slitherines greatest fans or have issues with them)