Editor Crash

I am getting a crash on the editor when I am trying to add enhanced AA capability to a port resource. I get the message Failed properties (dialogue: on_vertical_scroll_control) and then the editor crashes to desktop when I respond OK.

I have tested this with both one of my own heavily modified scenarios and the standard 1939 scenario just changed to give Germany level 1 AA research.

Note I am using the amended editor which Hubert sent me to fix the Friendly_Position error although that is not obviously related to this.

Regards

Mike

Hi Mike

I'm just trying to replicate this and I have been amending both the Combat Target Stats for Ports, and also the Edit Defense Bonus Data, but neither have caused the Editor to crash.

As you are using an amended editor I think that if you switch back to the default .exe file just to make these port changes, then back to the amended editor for everything else, it may be a work around?

Bill

Hi Bill

I tried that but it does the same with the original editor on both my scenario and the original AOD just modded so that one country (Germany) has uprated AA tech.

I am pressing ahead with sorting out the various units to be in the right place and with the right IDs for May 1942 so I have plenty to do before I need to uprate port AA values..

Regards

Mike

Hi Mike

I've just had a thought - can you trying amending the Port values in a default campaign and let us know whether that works ok?

Only this will help identify whether there is a problem in the editors you have, or with the campaign you're using.

We'll still have to work from there of course, but that will help. :)

Thanks

Bill

Hi Mike

I understand now, I was amending the Ports' actual AA Combat Target Stats and their Defense Bonuses, I hadn't realised you were giving them AA research upgrades - which is another way to get to the same place.

It has also crashed for me, in the same manner, when applying research upgrades to ports, so hopefully we'll be able to fix it.

Bill