Vehicle mods not showing

I just got CMFI+GL, and all my mods are showng except vehicle mods. These are not showing for some reason. Most I have installed are Aris's from CMBN which are the same units in CMFI. I did try my first CMFI specific which was the Aris tankettes 33-35 mod, and that is not showing either. Any Ideas why?

My guess is you're playing GL scenarios - which use a dedicated texture set for vehicles with a different texture name.

The 'basic' mods (which you installed) are for Sicily ONLY. If you want those mods to show up in GL scenarios, every old texture needs a '[mainland]' tag.

Does that answer your question?

When the game switches to mainland there's a chance your vehicle, depending on the nation, is using an alt [mainland] tagged vehicle skin, or into 1944 an [olive] tagged skin. But wait, there's more! There's also a [muddy] tagged skin for muddy ground/rainy days. And even a slot for a [whitewash] tag, though no vehicles in Italy got whitewashed. Some vehicles didn't see a change (German vehicles for instance) but a lot did.

[Edit] - a small correction. EVERY vehicle got [muddy] alt textures for muddy rainy days. So even if you're in Sicily, if you're on a muddy map the [muddy] skins will kick in. 3rd party mod skins will have to play catch-up with the game.

Thanks for the response. The scenario I am playing is a single battle CMFI base scenario, and not GL. The Aris mod (tankettes) is a mod he made specific for CMFI so I am still bewildered why it is not showing. The only thing that sounds like it is throwing it off may be the additional tags which are not present. For example the bmps are titled as such “l3-33-hull” in the mod. From the wanting of using vehicle mods the “tags” thing sounds like it could get a bit confusing in making mods compatible. I might have to explode the game to look at the original files to see how the file names are for vehicles to see what’s up here. In the end it may be more work to get vehicle mods to show than is worth it.

I am surprised I could not find other posts describing the vehicle mods not showing.

That's interesting. Let me download that one and check for myself. What scenario are you playing?

I know thigns have become mroe complicated with the new engine, but that's what people wanted. And - frankly - it's the modder's job to keep their mods updated. If they don't do that... well, no more functioning mods. Been like that for every other game out there when patches changed things.

The scenario is “Indietro”, which is a single battle. I am assuming it is CMFI base as there is no “GL” in front of the title. I just got the game, and this is the first battle I am playing so perhaps the problem is scenario specific for some reason. The specific CMFI mod I downloaded as my first to try is Aris Tankettes. The mod comes with different options with optional number tags after the title that need to be deleted to use, which I did. As far as my CMBN vehicle mods go I did not have any mods of USA units that I seen so far. I thought I had halftrack mods, but do not, and those were the USA units seen so far. I will download more Aris CMFI specifics to see if they do not show either.

They are showing now! I looked again, and found he did an update for the "tankettes" for GL. I must have installed the old one not realizing the complications with vehicles, and compatability isssues with the need for updates. I installed the update, and now all is good. It still is bewildering why the first one did not show as the file title is the same. As far as my CMBN mods the first USA uits I saw were halftracks. I could have sworn I had HT mods, but I don't so hopfully the one I do have will not give a problem. At least I have learned that CMFI GL is a bit more complicated in regard to mods, and that some may need updating to work.