Bad CMBN Review

UI

Fire up CMx1 - there's a nice little box of arrows - doesn't take up much screen space yet you can get anywhere with a few taps on a laptop touchpad or with a mouse - without needing to flail around to the screen corners and edges. Reduces the chance of spilling your glass of champagne.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...another of those weird British conventions like 'armour' instead of 'armor'). Michael

How I love those weird British conventions. And the outcome of the War of 1812 assured us that we in Canada might continue to write proper English.

UI

Fire up CMx1 - there's a nice little box of arrows - doesn't take up much screen space yet you can get anywhere with a few taps on a laptop touchpad or with a mouse - without needing to flail around to the screen corners and edges. Reduces the chance of spilling your glass of champagne.

You tried control/left click? I'm always surprised to hear people can't use the UI. It's simple mouse control. Do people have three fingers like the Simpsons?

It's been around since the last big forum software update however long ago that was (Half a dozen years? More?). BTW, the word you wanted to spell has two 't's in it (unless the single 't' is another of those weird British conventions like 'armour' instead of 'armor').

Well there ya go - I never even noticed. As for the missing 't' - naw that's just me. I suck at spelling (lets see how many asteriskes there are in my post).

Anyone else think it odd he was trying to get his mother to "read the script" in the video review? Because from the outset it sounded as if HE was reading from a script. He's definitely reading, it doesn't sound natural at all. Which makes me think... what if he was reading a pre-prepared script written for him by someone like say.. a shareholder of a major games publishing corporation? Or say, a business rival of Battlefront?

This is what it seems like to me. He probably actually isn't quite as dumb as he sounds, he's just another paid troll reading a script for the benefit of a rival corporation. In this way, Battlefront can't sue him because it's just his "personal" opinion.

The types of low-life individuals who sell their souls like this are the scum of the earth though. They aren't dumb per-se, they know exactly what they are doing.

This is what it seems like to me. He probably actually isn't quite as dumb as he sounds, he's just another paid troll reading a script for the benefit of a rival corporation. In this way, Battlefront can't sue him because it's just his "personal" opinion.

Really, I don't know it seems like a stretch that a rival company would do something like that. BFC is not exactly taking market share away from anyone. Who would actually do that?

This reminds me of a friend of mine's favourite quote:

Never attribute to malice what can adequately be explained by incompetence.

I think this fits in the incompetence bucket pretty easily.

Who would actually do that?

Somebody looking for love and attention. :)

I can see how somebody would think CM1 is less fun than CM2. CM2 is more realistic and less game oriented therefore like war less fun. Of course war can be fun for some but for most it means gore and guts, death and misery. You know the stuff most war gamers block out when it comes to war gaming especially if you numb yourself with substances. :)

ok bye, said my 2cents, cheers and bottoms up, back to blowing up pixels.

(regarding the original post)

...They aren't dumb per-se, they know exactly what they are doing.

Whoa, Nelly...I think you're giving them way too much credit. I doubt they could tell the difference between a horse and a donkey's assassin.

Anyone else think it odd he was trying to get his mother to "read the script" in the video review? Because from the outset it sounded as if HE was reading from a script. He's definitely reading, it doesn't sound natural at all. Which makes me think... what if he was reading a pre-prepared script written for him by someone like say.. a shareholder of a major games publishing corporation? Or say, a business rival of Battlefront?

The types of low-life individuals who sell their souls like this are the scum of the earth though. They aren't dumb per-se, they know exactly what they are doing.

He has a viewership measured in the sub-1K range, despite putting out hundreds (literally) of videos and dozens of reviews. If he's a paid shill, someone is wasting their money.