Operational Level Game Announcement

Very remotely related: The Close Combat series is about to abandon the strategic layer and goes back to a system which apparently is more similar to CMx2:

From Wikipedia (Close Combat):

In Historicon 2013, Matrix Games announced Close Combat: The Bloody First. This new game will depart from the strategic map of the previous installments in favor of a campaign similar to that of Close Combat III, although more dynamic. In the single player grand campaign the player will be carrying a force of the US 1st Infantry division through three campaigns: Tunisia, Sicily, and Normandy. The game is expected to be completed in 2014 and will feature a 3D-top down view.

Best regards,

Thomm

Very remotely related: The Close Combat series is about to abandon the strategic layer and goes back to a system which apparently is more similar to CMx2:

From Wikipedia (Close Combat):

Best regards,

Thomm

From what I got from it is that The Bloody First will be like CC3 and Gateway to Caen will be like the recent ones.

Hey I forgot to mention something in my initial post. I am of course looking for volunteers for software developers, but I forgot to mention that I can use the services of a graphic designer for COO as well. In fact I can put a graphic designer to work on a number of things right now. Just see my original post for contact information. Remember, this project is going to take a community effort to work, so feel free to keep joining the COO forum.

-Matt

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Anddddddd off topic. Golden Monkey by Victory is the holy grail of beers. I think its something like 12.5% alcohol. Haven't seen it in New England in years.

You can buy Victory "sampler" 12 packs here on the North shore of MA. They include three each of the Victory beers. Golden Monkey is 9.something % ABV. In fact, I'm sipping one as I type this :D

• 2 months later...

I just wanted to mention that we are still looking for developers that may want to help with this project. I have a couple of developers I am talking with at the moment, but no final deal has been reached as of yet. I am also very interested in getting some graphic designers on the team. If you are interested in being part of this game, please email me.

In the mean time, game design continues. Feel free to drop by the forum and find out more.

-Matt

Apologies in advance if this is a poor question. I also haven't had time to read thru this whole thread. But I'm not clear re the goal of this project. There are TONS of third-party products that can be used as an operational layer for CMBN if one so chooses. Games like The Operational Art of War can even be further customized to your heart's content - you can even make the gameplay itself as simple or as complex as you want by adding "phases" per turn. Not trying to rain on anyone's parade. I'm asking bc I imagine I'm missing something.

• 2 weeks later...

Erwin me too! The initial goal is to produce a quality operational level game that will be tailored more to CM players.

With that in mind, I am pleased to announce that coding is officially underway. I finally have had a breakthrough and I have 2 programmers with reinforcements on the way. Happy Holidays!

-Matt

Erwin me too! The initial goal is to produce a quality operational level game that will be tailored more to CM players.

With that in mind, I am pleased to announce that coding is officially underway. I finally have had a breakthrough and I have 2 programmers with reinforcements on the way. Happy Holidays!

-Matt

Tis good news:) Count me in as well when it goes KS

Just spotted this threat. Very interested. I understand the effort BF as a small developer puts into the modules but for me personally (IMO) I am finding it difficult to play these days. Additional CMx2 WW2 titles for me are all too similar (understanding many users love the addition of different vehicles and TOCs each module provides). An operational game sounds incredible if it can be made to work.

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds great! Keep the comments coming and feel free to look at the COO forum. We are going to need all the support we can get when the time comes. As I stated earlier coding is under way, but it is REALLY early in the process. Right now we don't need KS, and the current strategy is to wait as long as we can to do a KS campaign. The more progress we have to offer people the more interest we can get, and we will also have a better idea as to what we will need for the final goal.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yes, I'm interested in this, and will pay money to see a universal operation app on my devices. This will enable campaigns on both digital AND tabletop games, and I play and want to see campaigns on both. Don't forget to market the tabletop side of it!