High Quality Sound 1.3 - FINAL

This is a very good sound mod, but do you think it would be possible to release a second version with no bolt action sound for the corresponding rifles? This has been kind of a pet peeve of mine since Close Combat 5 and modders that for some reason just love adding that cranking sound after the actual shot. In my opinion it just sounds horrible in a fire fight with all the bolt cranking spam and you shouldn't really be able to hear it over all the gunfire anyway, which kinda breaks my immersion as well as being annoying. I can't be the only one who just can't stand this, or can I? I'm pretty limited in the sound mods I can get because of this. I guess I could edit the sounds myself to cut the bolt cranking out, but that would cut out the echo of the actual shot as well, and wouldn't sound very good as a result.

of course, there is no problem, tomorrow I will add sounds without additional "effects";) shells also remove?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks alot! You're very kind, but you really don't have to release it as soon as tomorrow. I'm not in that much of a hurry. :)

What specifically do you mean with "shells"? Tank shells making noise when hitting the floor of the tank? Tank reloading noise? Those aren't quite as annoying to me since tanks have a much slower reload time than a rifle and there's also usually alot fewer tanks than bolt action rifles, so you don't have to, but if there's no trouble then sure, please do. And thanks again for accommodating my personal wishes when you really didn't have to.

Thanks alot! You're very kind, but you really don't have to release it as soon as tomorrow. I'm not in that much of a hurry. :)

What specifically do you mean with "shells"? Tank shells making noise when hitting the floor of the tank? Tank reloading noise? Those aren't quite as annoying to me since tanks have a much slower reload time than a rifle and there's also usually alot fewer tanks than bolt action rifles, so you don't have to, but if there's no trouble then sure, please do. And thanks again for accommodating my personal wishes when you really didn't have to.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/87hdsw2i7qiirx8/Rifle%20clear.rar

you're welcome;)

There's nothing wrong with the reloading and bolt cranking sounds themselves. They sound great. The problem I have with them is that in a fight they'll be almost as loud (and as frequent) as the shots themselves and I can hear them when zoomed out. If they were very silent and could only be heard when zoomed in up close and personal then that would be a different matter entirely, but it's not possible as far as I know for a sound modder to make that happen since it would have to be something coded into the engine itself.

Thanks once again waclaw. :)

Yeah, sorry. I should have mentioned "In my opinion..".

Anyway, in my opinion (:)) you're sound mod is very good. The loading music not my thing, but I love the in-game sounds.

I'm very pleased to read it:)

AstroCat AstroCat

"You could try mixing in a few with and a few without and lowering the volume of the reloading sounds on the ones that are in. That might be a good compromise."

great idea! ;)

I love everything about your mod except the intro music , thanks waclaw!

I thought it was the intro will be most pleasing; (

ps. - Currently working on Soviet arms to bagration;)

I have already done:

svt40/avt40, PTRS/PTRD, PPSh, dp28, Maxim1910, Mosin1891/30 and traction for t34

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cmhkmzltspmsds5/High%20Quality%20Sound%20Update.rar

at the suggestion of the Polish forum made amendments to the basic version.

- Amendment ambient fog and rain (necessarily replace the folder background) - the first one was not audible, and the latter too loud (also the first embellished the additional effects)

- Universal cries of the wounded (the very long) were too loud - of course replaces the folder voices - universal - screams

sounds optional:

- Four ambient sounds for CMFI - you can also use them in CMBN (medium and light - of course, night and daytime) without the sounds of birds and insects (I have tried to replace them with other effects) - great for scenarios autumn and winter - slightly worse in the spring and summer (Please select only one background day and night - replace in folder background)

- Very light ambient (day and night) - mainly hear the birds, insects, little sounds of battle.

- Universal wind - removed the sounds of birds (version 1.4 had such sounds) - just a good job in the winter or summer scenarios

- Wind winter - made for CMFI - great in winter scenarios - poor in the summer scenarios

- Clean sounds of rifle shots - removed bolt action - recommend replace a maximum of two per rifle - so as to leave the game two of the bolt action - generally a matter of personal taste - replaces the folder - bullets and shells - shots

I would be grateful for any comments! ;)

ps. sorry for my english ;)

Did you do the Polish voices? If so, great acting!

My one criticism would be to keep your wav files short. The really long screams (or any long wavs) don't usually play as good in game. A lot of times they get cut off or clipped by other wavs and it ruins the intended effect. I always try to keep mine under two seconds. Plus the game loads the wavs in virtual memory so I imagine bigger files would tax the computer.

Your English is fine BTW.

Mord.

Did you do the Polish voices? If so, great acting!

My one criticism would be to keep your wav files short. The really long screams (or any long wavs) don't usually play as good in game. A lot of times they get cut off or clipped by other wavs and it ruins the intended effect. I always try to keep mine under two seconds. Plus the game loads the wavs in virtual memory so I imagine bigger files would tax the computer.

Your English is fine BTW.

Mord.

strange, I never had such problems - I have to write to a file with a description of the possibility of such problems

Polish sounds of these unfortunately are not mine, but the fact is a great fit for CM;)

Speaking of languages​​, it reminded me of when there was communism in my country, with only the Russian language (it was a obligatory language in schools) could have low grades - so much did not like Commies and the Soviet Union - what the funny thing, my wife specializes in that language; )

ps. I have all the sounds of Russian weapons to "bagration" - although the last few days I get tired of SG43.