High Quality Sound 1.3 - FINAL

High Quality Sound 1.3 - FINAL version

http://cmmods.greenasjade.net/mods/4952/details

(Very high quality!, 3x more sounds! (Exactly 511)CMBN/CF and CMFI/GL (carcano,sten, vickers, piat,bren, etc.)

- background (day/night combat) guns, mortars, rifle, smg, mgun, pistol, explosion, voices (hitbody!),penetrations (bullet fragmentation), ricochet, zips, reload (for guns! and rifle), zips, colaps, shell drops, engine, trucks, flames, incoming artillery, bullet hit ground/water/wood/building/concrete/metal/rock(sonic cracks!), ..........and some more ;)

Changelog:

1.3 (107 all-new sound)

add new , explosion, impact, zips, wind, rain, heavy track, screams, soldier movement, new gun, flames, 50mm, 75mm, 88mm, 105mm, 150mm and .................many, many other fixes!;)

Installation guide:

1. put the "sound" in your Data/Z folder.

1. WATCH OUT! - If you have any sound modules you have to remove folders which mod changes,

because sounds have changed names. Don't just copy and paste. If you do it both old and new voices will remain!

2. folder "Background", "voices", "movement", from "sound" - paste and replace, If you don't have anything like that, just leave it alone.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone knnow if this mod is fully Mac compatible?

I don't think so, although it may be my setup. When I use any sound mod on my MacBook Pro, most of the sounds do not work (silence when sound should be happening). It would be great if anyone knew what I was doing wrong, but otherwise stuck with the default sounds. :(

Just to make sure... this is a patch for "High quality sounds v1.3"? (I tend to have all sounds mods and simply add a bunch of ZZ's to the front of the folder name to ensure it gets to be the final load.)

I listened to some of the patched sounds and had a hard time telling the difference from the v1.3 originals. What was bothering you about v1.3?

That is because the Mac version just allows for sounds with a 48,0 KHz samplerate. If the samplerate differs the Mac version will not play the according sound. Unfortunately the files for this outstanding soundmod are in 44,1 KHz.

Thanks Strachwitz, that would explain it. Can anyone recommend a good sound mod that is Mac compatible:confused:

That is because the Mac version just allows for sounds with a 48,0 KHz samplerate. If the samplerate differs the Mac version will not play the according sound. Unfortunately the files for this outstanding soundmod are in 44,1 KHz.

if only this one problem, I can do a version for the Mac, wants someone?

Well you can definitely count me in for a start waclaw :) (sounds like it may be more work than at first sight though). I bet there are others that would be interested too - I think I've seen other threads mentioning mac sound problems.

I would appreciate it. But I my information about the problem is not quite accurate as I had discovered. I batch converted all of you wav files but I didn´t work. I am sure I have read something about the KHz rate to be true but it seems this is not all. Maybe also the bitrate...

Waclaw

I have used this sound mod on my mac and generally it works fine. There are occasional sounds that go missing but overall it seems to work well.

If you can produce a mac specific version that irons out these issues that would be great

thanks for your work

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8wohn560t1rsqlc/shots%20wav%2048khz.rar

I converted the sound of gunfire for mac, test anyone? I will be very grateful;)

Hi waclaw

I would be more than happy to help test - I haven't done anything like this before, so I would need a bit of guidance.

I have downloaded the sounds and there is a significant, definite improvement. There are occasions that I have noticed where a sound does not 'work', a BAR is noticeable - it does work sometimes though, and there was a lot of other sounds going on at the same time, so there may be a system reason for this (i.e. certain maximum number of concurrent sounds, or distance might also be a factor).