Very unhappy with the way Malta is modeled in the game. But now it has gotten even worse.

I have captured the Suez and Gabrater yet Malta is STILL affecting NA supply. What the hell are they using for AvGas? Obviously there is no way this event should keep firing at this point in the game.

Not a bug but just a limitation in the game engine in that the only way to eliminate the threat from Malta is to capture Malta. We can look into making this more dynamic for SC3 but in the meantime it is more or less the only way to go for this game.

Hope this helps,

Hubert

Hi Hubert

In my Axis Triumphany scenario in Gold I used the Variable Country Condition to make the Malta supply failure event not apply if Egypt had surrendered to the Axis. Currently AOD uses that condition to determine whether Germany has already surrendered. To be honest if Germany had already surrendered the status of Malta and supply in the Med would be fairly irrelevant. I also made it so the supply hit would not effect Alexandria as I think if the Axis had captured that their supply problems would have been at an end both from the point of view of the port and the stockpiles they would have captured. In fact it was the real stockpiles they captured at Tobruk which enabled them to advance to Alamein.

Regards

Mike

Very true and I think we just use Germany as a dummy condition... I could certainly adjust it so that it would fail if Egypt had surrendered and it would resolve a part of the argument but not still if Gibraltar was Axis held. Either way I could see it as an improvement.

Looking at the event, I see that the ports at Alexandria are included as well as Cairo and I could certainly remove those if that is agreeable.

Hi Hubert

Well I guess you know I would be in favour but you may want some other comments. Once you do this the Axis have chances to make some progress into Iraq and even execute Hitler's grand pincer move but the fall of Egypt is not the end of the story for the Allies in the Mid-East as they can still reinforce through Aqaba and Kuwait bringing troops from India.

Regards

Mike

But historically, Malta only affected supply convoys in the areas Tobrok and West of there. There is no reason Malta could affect convoys anywhere East of Tobrok. Once the convoys were re-routed to run between Athens and Alexandria once the Germans captured it, Malta's importance was non-existent and shold not effect supplies anywhere in NA.

Malta event: fully agree with your suggestion, Mr Cater!

Since we are around for corrections, please have a look at these:

1) Anchorage Port not accessible through the detroit by sea.

2) Neutral island !?! between Tinian and Guam in the Mariannas

3) Tiles 142,95 and 144,94 on the Morocco coastline haven't changed for Vichy Algeria after the French surrender.

4) Land units can pass through enemy naval units in straits land-sea tiles, should it be normal? An enemy fleet presence should interdict land passage there

Malta event: fully agree with your suggestion, Mr Cater!

Since we are around for corrections, please have a look at these:

1) Anchorage Port not accessible through the detroit by sea.

2) Neutral island !?! between Tinian and Guam in the Mariannas

3) Tiles 142,95 and 144,94 on the Morocco coastline haven't changed for Vichy Algeria after the French surrender.

4) Land units can pass through enemy naval units in straits land-sea tiles, should it be normal? An enemy fleet presence should interdict land passage there

Hi MonsterClaude,

1) This should be accessible by Allied units is it not? Or is the issue that Japan cannot enter?

2, 3) Fixed

4) I believe we implemented this change so that naval units cannot block passage since land units cannot attack a naval unit there as it is not in a port.

Hubert

I think it is 316, 106. It is pink and says it is 5% VF. However cannot right click nor can enter. So it looks like the VF Indochina event missed a square. Or someting else is wrong since you cannot right click on it.

I think it is 316, 106. It is pink and says it is 5% VF. However cannot right click nor can enter. So it looks like the VF Indochina event missed a square. Or someting else is wrong since you cannot right click on it.

I have this in my game also.

post-33805-141867624746_thumb.jpg

Thanks for posting that Eisenhammer.

The best way to load pictures here is in my opinion via something like photobucket.

You upload the pictures to the site, and then click on an IMG link it provides for each one. Paste that into your post, and the image will appear bigger here!