Underrated techs: Intelligence & Production Tech

I'm by no means an expert at this game, but I am surprised reading some of the comments of some of the better players who dismiss the value of both Intelligence and Production tech.

Firstly, Intelligence is more beneficial than people think. The random unit spotting is only part of its benefit - researching it gives you a research % bonus and also negates any bonus from your opponents intelligence if yours is higher. For example, playing Fall Weiss in expert mode as the Axis, I invested heavily in Intelligence - 5 chits, so 500 mpps, however before I even invaded Russia I had achieved lvl 4 Intel, and it definitely helped the rest of my research as I'd also achieved lvl 3 Heavy Tanks, lvl 2 Infantry Weapons, lvl 2 Motorisation, lvl 3 production tech and lvl 1 Industry tech. I noticed I was getting several research 'breakthroughs' that wouldn't have come without the intel tech. If you think this came at the cost of unit production, it did not; I was able to invade USSR with 5 Panzer Groups, 8 Armies, 3 fighter units, 4 tactical bomber units, 1 strategic bomber unit, 1 special forces unit, 1 paratroop unit and a smattering of Corps - all fully equipped.

Regarding Production tech, there is a common misconception that each level of Production Tech only reduces the actual cost of purchasing the unit by 5%, when in fact it also reduces the cost of the unit's reinforcement, before any unit upgrades, by 5%. I discovered this a while ago but it still seems commonly misunderstood:

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=67299&page=8

So in the above example, I had lvl 3 production tech which meant unit reinforcement was 15% cheaper before unit upgrades than if I had no production tech. Surely this makes it much more worthwhile, the amount of reinforcement required on the eastern front in a battle with the USSR is ridiculous - i'm sure the 200mpps I invested in getting to lvl 3 production tech will be more than paid back when you take into account the cost of unit purchasing and reinforcement, both of which are ever present factors from turn to turn. This obviously applies to subsequest releases since SC2 as well. I'm surprised this has been so overlooked.