Big Tournament

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Folks,

Been a while. A few old names. Anyway I heard there was a new game out and tournament on. gets my competitive juices going and brings me out of retirement.

Room for a newbie? :)

Amadeus did a great jobs several years ago on his first tournament but my guess is the Battlefront guys will be out numbered by Panzerligas :)

So is it too late to join the tournament is my first question? If not then my second is what game do I have to buy ? I have been totally out of the loop for about 3 years or more. I guess I'll have to just dive in and hope the basics are the same.

Any of the old big guns still around? I heard a rumour Jollyguy might be up for this one....

Hi Minty,

yes, there are only a few German fellows playing this tournament. The draw is ready and we only wait for the patch coming out on the first September week (I hope). We play

Logo-AoD.pngwhich are 2 games:

Strategic Command WWII Global Conflict (base game) and Assault on Democracy (Addon)

After starting the games on the draw this week there is only space for playing if someone withdraw. So, it depends on speed, sorry.

Amadeus

Hi players, I will be 2 days off for the upcoming weekend. Watching from now we should have started at August 15th. It is almost a month we wait without a real problem. I wanna apologize for the delay starting the Tournament. If the patch comes out this weekend please start over and don't wait for me. At monday I'll be back hoping for good news.

You may play one each or mirror. I could help in your group if necessary.

Group A: Everything is fine, all matches started.

Group B: Everything is fine, all matches started.

Group C: Everything is fine, all matches started.

Group D: No informations yet. Please post or mail me!!

Group E: There may be problems? steel?

Group F: Everything is fine, all matches started.

Tourny%202013-09-20.png

Group C: Everything is fine, all matches started.

Group D: Everything is fine, one match finished.

Group E: There may be problems? steel?

Tournament news: First of all, all matches have begun. Next is I watch that you are playing more mirrored matches that I expected. No problem at the moment but that could lead to some issues about winning. One match each. I told you here at battlefront that GaryK of Group F has some good ideas about tie breaking.

First of all the tournament victory conditions are a bit different and unambiguous. Berlin, Rome, Paris, Tokyo, Seoul, Manila, all for Axis, one of these for Allies.

In Mirror matches we may have a tied match and in this case we have to watch which player is in better tactical condition. That means better condition overall in both matches. More cities under control more income and better NM values.

NM (National Moral) was an idea from GaryK of bracket F. I guess this tiebreaker are worth to try. At least in our group phase.

I guess many opponents will scan there matches on their own. If any player admit that he has lost I am happy. But in one or another close match I have to watch your turns. If we need any help we ask a neutral arbitrator. I hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Tourny%202013-10-01.png

Group C: Everything is fine, one match finished.

Group D: Everything is fine, all matches finished.

Group E: Everything is fine, all matches started

Tournament News

MonsterClaude beats Calculon

Tomi beats Calculon

All in all we now have 2 wins for Axis and 4 wins for Allies.

With this 2 additional matches we have 2 pairs for the next round. MonsterClaude now plays Ludi1867 and Pacestick has to play against Tomi. Interesting matches but please wait some time cause I wanna adjust the victory conditions first.

Group C: Everything is fine, all matches finished.

Group D: Everything is fine, all matches finished.

Group E: Everything is fine, all matches started

Hey, I'm going to post here, too:

Hey guys, I'm the player that was supposed to be in the tourney but due to a clear case of operator error had to withdraw since I couldn't get the game to run. Hubert got the game running for me the other day...thank you Hubert! So, if any of you now deep in the tourney have finished games and have time and need a good Allied opponent, fire off an AoD 1939 Axis first turn to rrweeks@comcast.net

I think those of you that have played me know I can play the Allies about as good as anyone out there, except maybe for Dragon...is he still playing? Clausewitz, I know we had some great SCG Gold 1.04 games, so if you want to resume the wars send me a file. Time permitting I'd fire back an Axis game but I've found that my ideal number of games is 3, maybe 4, otherwise I get in a personal battle at home...with the better half. I want peace on the homefront! So it's kind of first come first served.

I'm the type who likes to learn as I go so you folks might have a slight advantage as I'm not going to spend hours on an AI game learning tips and tricks. I'll read the posts and keep them in mind, but all-in-all my forces will have to gain experience the hardway, at the college of hard knocks as my dad used to say.

Bob

Tournament News:

Here are the new Rules for the fe12df56dde123381397c0a75478fa69.png

Tournament:

1) Every player needs a NAME and an EMAIL ADDRESS for playing this tournament.

2) Strategic Command WWII Global Conflict Assault on Democracy, Patch v1.02, is required, please update!

3) “1939 World At War” is the Default Campaign to play. Mirror matches are helpful to find a clear winner and explicitly recommended. At least only 1 single PBEM game is required. Watch rule 4!

4) “Playing time” Every match has to be finished in 130 turns. If you play mirror matches you still need only 105 turns.

5) “Playing speed” At least 1 turn a day has to be played in 105/130 days averaging!

6) “Victory conditions” Due to the fact that it could be difficult to finish a game in 105 or 130 days the Axis minor victory conditions decides the match. Axis minor victory conditions are (after 105/130 days in tournament):

Berlin, Rome, Paris, Tokyo, Seoul, Manila

Allies minor victory conditions (after 105/130 days in tournament). One of these cities in Allied hands (REMARK: I know that the Allies minor victory conditions are different to this but we need a clear decision after 105/130 days)

6a) “Mirror Tie Breaker” When playing a mirrored match the 6 cities may not be sufficient to clear the overall winner of the match (1 win each). If so 8 minor cities will come into effect. These are

Moscow, London, Delhi, Canberra, Stalingrad, Cairo, Chungking, Singapore

Victory cities counts 2 points, minor cities 1 point to verify the overall winner for both games.

7) “Changing side rule” Every player has to play Axis AND Allies in the course of the tournament. After playing one side next match should be played with other side. Other agreements with opponent are possible.

8) “Group phase”: Already finished!!

8a) “Play Off Last 12”: Play Offs begins from now till 105 or 130 turns are played. Also watch rule 5!

9) “Default settings” Options and Advanced settings are

game%20settings.png

Any changes to this options should be arranged before starting, such as Soft build limits, Retreats, Fog of War or something like that. Script changings are not allowed!!

10) “Fair Play Rule” Any issue or gaming that defies to fair playing could lead to exclusion of the tourney.

Amadeus: I am confused by what appear as contradictions. #4 says match must be decided in 130 turns but remainder of conditions refers to days. I would assume if two players move at fast pace they can go as far as 130 days permit. It might be helpful to give an end date of second round.

4) “Playing time” Every match has to be finished in 130 turns. If you play mirror matches you still need only 105 turns.

5) “Playing speed” At least 1 turn a day has to be played in 105/130 days averaging!

6) “Victory conditions” Due to the fact that it could be difficult to finish a game in 105 or 130 days the Axis minor victory conditions decides the match. Axis minor victory conditions are (after 105/130 days in tournament):

Berlin, Rome, Paris, Tokyo, Seoul, Manila

Allies minor victory conditions (after 105/130 days in tournament). One of these cities in Allied hands (REMARK: I know that the Allies minor victory conditions are different to this but we need a clear decision after 105/130 days)