Road to Montebourg Walkthrough Videos

• 2 months later...

This definitely was the worst battle in terms of casualties so far.

I lost four men killed to a minefield I had been warned about, but ignored.
I lost five men to an infantry gun that fired through a house in what I reported as a bug.
I lost the remaining fifteen or so due to normal battlefield wastage.

The mission presented was simple in planning and execution, it merely required me to bash my head against a brick wall until it broke.

One thing that surprised me in general was the fact I didn't get the enemy to surrender until they only had about eleven guys left.
They put up much more of a fight than I expected.

Edited by General Jack Ripper

On 1/5/2020 at 5:20 PM, Warts 'n' all said:

" I say Jack, old boy. Do try to be a bit more careful with your men next time." As Peter Sellers almost said.

We're on the losing track of the campaign now, so I can't afford to be as frugal as I once was.

Any battle loss now will kick us out of the campaign, so if I must trade some bodies for victory, so be it.

15 hours ago, BluecherForward said:

What mods are you using? - notice the airborne troopers uniforms and manner of speaking is different from basic game.

Here's my current list:

Aris US Gear for Vehicles
Juju's TRP's and UI
Mord's War Ravaged Faces
Rambler's Weapon Skins
z1812's US Camo Uniforms
GI Joe Mod Web Gear
Umlaut's Camoflage Defensive Works
Kieme's Ploughed Field
Bil's Hex Markers
StikkyPixie's Subdued Icons
TFO's Silly Hats
Mord's Immersive American Voices
HQS Sound Mod by Waclaw

There were a few mods once used, and now no longer. Translucent Trees was a nice mod, but it killed my framerate when zoomed in, and made trees look a bit 'stumpy'. My own Day of Defeat Sound Mod was removed after I got a complaint about excessive 'equipment rattle' sounds, and also the fact that in any ground condition other than 'dry' or 'very dry' troops sounded like they were slogging through deep mud.

6 minutes ago, BluecherForward said:

Now how do I find them? Is there a repository where I can just search for them?

The new site.

https://www.thefewgoodmen.com/cm-mod-warehouse/

The old site.  This site still has some mods that have not been moved to the new site,

http://cmmodsiii.greenasjade.net/

Edited by MOS:96B2P

In CM:BN you need to navigate to [Your Game Install Location]/Data and if you don't have one already, create a folder named 'z' (no quotes).....Put your mods in there and you are away. 

Things become a little bit more complex as you start adding more sub-folders within 'z', so I'll leave it to those with more experience to expand from here.

PS - This procedure is optional for all the other games IIRC, those have a 'Mods' folder located in Documents/Battlefront/[Game Name]/User Data.....You can drop your mods in there if you prefer.  The 'z folder method' does have some advantages, such as enabling fully modded variants of a game to be installed alongside the standard version, but cross those bridges when & if you encounter them.

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

10 minutes ago, BluecherForward said:

So now do I create an extra file for mods or do I simply put the mods into the mod tools folder? I understand it is important to keep them separate, so they can be pulled out of the game files when applying updates and patches. Not really sure how all that works.

Do NOT put the mods in the Mod Tools folder.  The Mod Tools folder contains tools for making mods.  Someday you'll learn that but it is probably a little early :P.  

CMBN works slightly different from the other titles.  Normandy originally did not have a mods folder In the Normandy Data folder.  If it does now (i'm on an older version as far as this folder thing goes)the mods go there.  If not create a folder inside the data folder and name it Z.  Place your mods in the Z folder. 

Also this is how it is done for Windows.  I think it is different for Mac.  

Edited by MOS:96B2P

36 minutes ago, BluecherForward said:

Thanks MOS:96B2P,

So now do I create an extra file for mods or do I simply put the mods into the mod tools folder? I understand it is important to keep them separate, so they can be pulled out of the game files when applying updates and patches. Not really sure how all that works.

seKZvCu.jpg

^ There's my Z folder setup.

Happy modding.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, we can forget whatever I said in the briefing, because I don't think things are going to work out the way I thought they would.

• Do not use the plan as a script.

I'm now fairly certain whatever changes were made to wooden bunkers have rendered them immune to anything short of direct fire 75mm. I've expended both 81mm mortars and 75mm off-map artillery against them, to no effect.

Looks like we're doing this one the hard way:

Sorry for the wait.

• 4 weeks later...