Music Mod

I have lot's of more suitable contemporary music for the intro, like D-Day Dodgers, Its' a long way to Tipperary, Lili Marleen, etc from the good old CMx1times.

Can somebody tell me how to exchange the intro music file for CMFI/GL?

I tried to replace the "music" file with the mod tool and I tried to simply copy a new "music.wave" into the Z folder. Both to no effect.

The music has to to have the same parameters as the ones your replacing. The battle.wav music intro.wav and music splash.wav have a specific size and have specific number of bits possibly 16 and a set sample rate, possibly 44100hz. Your music must also be the same. Mord and a few of the other modders will know more

• 3 weeks later...
The music has to to have the same parameters as the ones your replacing. The battle.wav music intro.wav and music splash.wav have a specific size and have specific number of bits possibly 16 and a set sample rate, possibly 44100hz. Your music must also be the same. Mord and a few of the other modders will know more

It took a while -I wish I had as much as others...-

But now: It works. The new "force-specific backgrounds" and "D-Day Dodgers" as music splash. Perefect combination. Thanks for the hint!

I guess I'll convert some of the other songs and upload them to the repository.

And: Eh, thanks. Whatever "re-right-sig" means...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 years later...
On 6/30/2013 at 1:36 AM, StieliAlpha said:

And finally I found the time to convert and upload some songs, including Lili Marleen, D-Day Dodgers, Erika, It's a long way to Tipperary and some others.

Due to the file size they are at Green As Jade's place:

http://cmmods.greenasjade.net/mods/4950/details

I was just looking for some good music mods for CMBN, CMFI, and CMRT (ideally featuring contemporary music). Unfortunately the link seems to have died sometime in the last 8 years. Any idea where I could find it now?

Edit: Nevermind, I believe I've found it: https://www.thefewgoodmen.com/cm-mod-warehouse/combat-mission-battle-for-normandy/cmbn-sound/cm-fi_rt_bn-music-splash/

Edited by Centurian52

3 hours ago, Centurian52 said:

I was just looking for some good music mods for CMBN, CMFI, and CMRT (ideally featuring contemporary music). Unfortunately the link seems to have died sometime in the last 8 years. Any idea where I could find it now?

Edit: Nevermind, I believe I've found it: https://www.thefewgoodmen.com/cm-mod-warehouse/combat-mission-battle-for-normandy/cmbn-sound/cm-fi_rt_bn-music-splash/

Yep, that is the updated version. Unfortunately, the original mod description got lost, when Bootie migrated the stuff from GaJ‘s site to the FGM site.

If it is of interested: There should be another „splash mod“ with the overture from „A bridge too far“ on the FGM site. Fit‘s nicely to MG scenarios. If you don‘t find, drop me a line.

Edited by StieliAlpha