*slap slap* I challenge you to a due... er pbem! *slap slap*

Mwuaahahahah! Update - Sergei and I are battling my Poles vs his Wehrmacht. Light snow, March 44. Im attacking across a river with only a small bridge, no fords or way for vehicles across. Taking heavy casualties.

However - I managed to KO a Stug of Sergei's with an on board 81mm mortar! Top rear deck partial penetration, KO! Perhaps the most satisfying armor kill I've ever had! Rofl!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well ever since the infamous mortar killing Stug incident Sergei's turn rate has dropped from 2-3 a day to nothing. No word or reply either to my emails. Now i would have been demoralized too, but I wouldnt have given up the fight.

Ill shoot him another email tonight, but with no explanation soon that means he's conceding the fight, and will owe me an AAR extolling my tactical genius - the bet in his own words.

What? Maybe I gave you a gift that keeps giving =)

Btw I believe the turns on you..?

Now that me intrepid opponent has returned Im eagerly anticipating the angry posts any moment now. I swear to god that was the most gratifying armor in kill in recent memory for me. 81mm mortar KO'ing a Stug. =D

What? Maybe I gave you a gift that keeps giving =)

Btw I believe the turns on you..?

Now that me intrepid opponent has returned Im eagerly anticipating the angry posts any moment now. I swear to god that was the most gratifying armor in kill in recent memory for me. 81mm mortar KO'ing a Stug. =D

That score in your sig line, Sublime, is that 28 losses, 6 routs, and 13 surrenders by your Pixelmen? :D

No no no. First of all it's out of date. 2nd of all thats 28 setup zone bombardments (with US rockets and TRPs preplotted of course) , 6 draws achieved by creeping along map edges, and 13 games where I vanished when I started losing ;)

Bah! You did not know Peng!

I almost met him for drinks one snowy winter's evening in Steubenville, Ohio (Birthplace of Dean Martin... for no good reason). But then I thought, "I'm not going to drive for an hour and a half through the snow just to buy him a scotch at some Ramada Inn lounge. I have better things to do. Like... anything, really".

Maybe, but I knew Joe the schmoe only too well. Several years ago I received an e-mail from him announcing that he would be in the Seattle area for a couple days and staying at the hotel at Sea-Tac and would I like to meet him there for drinks. Now in the first place, Sea-Tac is over a hundred miles from Port Townsend by road. In the second place, I don't have a car. So it would mean a day long bus ride plus probably having to pay a fortune to stay overnight somewhere. I wrote him back explaining all that and suggesting that since he had a rental car he might drive here instead. Mister Important got all huffy about that and left town in a cloud of huff. QED.

Michael

You handled that poorly. Not that I'm surprised by that.

You should have agreed to meet him and requested a specific time and location and asked how you would recognize him. Naturally, he would have said something along the lines of "Well, I'll be the handsomest guy there", to which you would have replied, "No, seriously. How will I recognize you?"

Then after he gives you a description, you wait until the specified time and alert the authorities that there's a suspicious looking character lurking in whatever gin mill he had picked.

Then you go about your normal day of annoying your neighbors in the Home with your conspiracy theories.

You guys aren't hijacking my thread. Just because duel was in the title it said nothing about Peng or a Challenge thread. Go back to the cesspool with that nonsense. I remember when Peng first showed up here, and trust me it wasn't a good day for the forum. Grogs who normally would be mentioning interesting things about WW2 instead tried to force their brain to produce witty remarks - perhaps for the first time since high school. I wonder where the kid is who pisses things off to make them show their teeth.. *edit* Ah yes I think it was either Master Gooddale or Dalem who did that particular gem of a post.

Meh. They're giving as good as they get. He's winning the armor battle right now, but that may perhaps change. I do know that I just sprayed one of his TC's in the face with armor shards... or shell fragments.. he was unbuttoned when a 50mm PAK shell hit the front turret and shattered.

However Sergei is still M.I.A...

challenge but not peng nor challenge and peng in conjunction ;)

Pfffaaawwwww!*

You shan't dissect me with your blunt little plastic spork of a wit. I have traded ripostes with veritable giants of persiflagery!

Not around here, of course, but... other places. Uptown kinds of places. Places totally unlike... this... place.

Yeah.

*(Derisive sound)

You shan't dissect me with your blunt little plastic spork of a wit. I have traded ripostes with veritable giants of persiflagery!

Not around here, of course, but... other places. Uptown kinds of places. Places totally unlike... this... place.

Yeah.

*(Derisive sound)

And if you aren't careful, he's liable to climb laboriously out of his rocking chair and come over there and...and...well if he doesn't forget why he came over there...you'll be in big trouble, sonny!

Michael

Meh. They're giving as good as they get. He's winning the armor battle right now, but that may perhaps change. I do know that I just sprayed one of his TC's in the face with armor shards... or shell fragments.. he was unbuttoned when a 50mm PAK shell hit the front turret and shattered.

However Sergei is still M.I.A...

Giving as good as you get = Trading in one of my Tank commanders for a Panzer IV knockout? If so, that is exemplary for our game :D

Public AAR bet? ;)