Two problems: segment violation/elicen40.dll

Hello, I bought Global Conflict from Gamer's Gate. I installed it to my F-drive. The version is 1.06.

1. I had no problems until halfway 1940 when a Russian engineer appeared on the still peaceful border with Germany. I assume he was building a fortress because at the end of the turn I get a "segment violation" and something about "fortification animation". After that CTD.

2. I hoped this would be fixed by some patch and discovered version 1.07. The patch installs correctly. But I never found out if this fixed the problem because the game refuses to start and I get a system error about some "elicen40.dll" being missing on my computer.

I would appreciate any help. :)

The 'elicen40.dll' file is part of the eLicense copy-protection. You CANNOT use the Battlefront patch on the Gamersgate distribution because they use different copy-protection schemes. I don't know if Gamersgate will release a 1.07 patch, but it has to come from them as far as I'm aware. You may want to contact their support to see what they may know about this (or don't know).

I'm not sure what to make of the 'segmentation violation' involving the Russian engineer unit. The 1.07 patch doesn't mention explicitly fixing such an issue, but it may have. Which particular campaign are you playing that gives you this error ?

Thank you, Shrullenhaft. I'll check with Gamergsgate.

The CTD happened in the 1939 campaign.

I have now reinstalled (without the patch) and trying that campaign again. If it happens again I'll post it here.

Yes, it just happened again.

As he AI takes its turn (after my 9 sept 1940 turn), the camera moves to a Soviet engineer on the hex just south of Riga and this error message appears:

"FAILED (animate_fortification): Segmentation Violation"

Hi Helias,

I believe the v1.07 patch will resolve the issue and as far as I remember we submitted it to Gamersgate but they have yet to publish it. I would reiterate what Schrullenhaft suggested and attempt to contact Gamersgate support to see if they will publish the latest patch... every little bit will hopefully help.

Hubert

• 4 weeks later...
Hi Helias,

I believe the v1.07 patch will resolve the issue and as far as I remember we submitted it to Gamersgate but they have yet to publish it. I would reiterate what Schrullenhaft suggested and attempt to contact Gamersgate support to see if they will publish the latest patch... every little bit will hopefully help.

Hubert

Apparently Gamersgate never got the patch. They told me they would get in touch with you.