Courage and Fortitude... again...

Hi all!

Well, GL has just been released, so I don't expect much activity in this post... but still I'll try! :D

Well... the last few days, while waiting for GL, I've decided to give Normandy another run, and I've stared the Courage and Fortitude campaign. I've played it a couple of time before but this was the first time with 2.01 patch and... I'M STUCK!

I'm not a great player in general, but this time it's getting really annoying! I'm in the second mission, where you need to cross the river and capture the hills at the end of the map. Well... so far I've been disastrous!

My guys cannot reach the other side of the river, no matter what, I've tried everything! If I rush them they get pinned/killed by the mg defending the other side, if I slowly make them cross they get spotted and shelled by the enemy artillery.

Smoke: it just doesn't "cover" that much... the enemy always find LOS in between the smokes columns, hit someone, all team gets pinned on top of the bridge.

I send my MG and HMG teams on the side of the river facing the enemy positions so I can lay suppressive fire on them... does it work? No. After a couple of turns of fire, an artillery barrage starts falling on my guys' heads wiping them out...

I have lots of artillery but it seems to do not that much damage...

In other words: suggestion on how to beat this scenario for a bad/frustrated player?

Thanks,

Ricroma