Clarification

If the 10 "new" units in AoC were added to the existing list from Gold, instead of just changed around, I might have went for it. The AI changes are also tempting. But the investment I've made since the first SC1 (including WWI) is staggering. TBH, I don't think I can stand looking at those same units and basic map and combat resolution again.

I know the under-the-hood changes are many. The AG article on the AI was the best I ever read. But I need more chrome so I feel like I'm playing a different game. More counter and sound options, you know...

As a first time Gold series buyer, it's a no brainer. But for me, it has to end somewhere. At the least, buyers of every game from SC1 should get a discount.

My $25 will still go to BF, but for a different expansion :)

Definitely fair enough Rosseau and just to clarify the 10 new units are indeed brand new units each having an individual unit slot. In other words each unit on the list is purchasable and can all be on the map at the same time.

If I understood your concern correctly there is no "changed" around, I hope this helps!

Hubert

Just looking for a reason to buy it, Hubert. :)

In the Gold editor I saw about 22 possible unit types to create. And in the purchase unit screenshot for AoC about 23 units. Hence, my question about 10 additional units.

I know it's a really bad time to quit the series, so I will probably give in as usual!

Also, I am talking about the newly released AoC, so I'm in the wrong forum.

Ah I see and depending on the campaign some are set to have less units for purchase by design.

For example even if there are 10 new units in total, Germany might not be set to purchase Cavalry while the USSR can.

I'm actually away from my home computer for the next few days so i can't show you a screenshot of the Editor with the full list of new unit types or what some of the differences are between countries and perhaps Al can when he has the chance.

But rest assured there are 10 new distinct types and hopefully it helps to convince you to take the plunge as AoC is really a great package and even the AI improvements will be noticeable :)

Rosseau,

I would recommend getting the game. AoC feels and plays very differently than other SC games... plus it is also a great way to help support Hubert in developing SC3.

If you get it ... I will even throw in a PVP game with you with me as the Russians. :P

abu

• 2 weeks later...

I really should think before I post. I was quibbling about new units, but now I get it. What was 13 hexes between Leningrad and Rostov in Gold, is now so much more in AoC. It makes for a totally different experience and well worth the money. Sorry I "shot from the hip" here. On less friendly forums, I would have been deservedly beaten up :)