A bit sad there is no war in the pacific type campaign

I never really felt like the Pacific Theater fits very well with the SC "formula". SC Pacific was certainly not bad and still fun to play but I didn't enjoy it as much as the other titles in the series - and I definitely don't think that this is due to weak scenario design, I just think that a theater where the naval part is more important than the land part is just not such a good fit.

Look Bob, the Naval-Air model is probably the hardest thing for any game to get correct and the intracacies of this type of combat are always going to be undermined to a certain degree by the necessity of abstraction at this scale.

Never the less, SC's developers and scenario builders have been diligent at correcting the major issues and slowly but surely the features are coming around to a more accurate representation. Eventually they'll get this pretty close, have faith, and by all means vocalize your concerns and offer remediations.

This is how SC has gotten this far and thankfully the "team" is committed to continued evolution the game.:cool:

The SC team is certainly very determined and there's a reason why these games are right now my favourite strategic war games!

And by all means, don't misunderstand me and think the Pacific War game is bad! I did enjoy it!:P

Mostly, I just don't think the model works so great for naval conflicts first because of the 0-10 strength system and secondly because it just feels weird that you need months to move from Korea to India in game. Both things that are not really fixable by scenario design but just how the game is designed.

heyhellow,

I think you will love the scope of the map in the Pacific. When I looked at it for the first time as the Japanese player... I was like "how the heck am I going to do this?" The Pacific is huge and the islands really look great... add to the strategy... check out the Philippians. I had to use the pull back view… just to get them all in the picture. (sneak peek... shush... dont tell Hubert.) Think of the strategic options for offense and defense of these islands.

Philipeans.jpg

Now… when you move to conquer the Pacific you ‘really’ have to think about what you are doing… and I mean think. Also… as the US… the map is sooo huge you have to give it some serious thought as well. Take a look at the Pacific map from the Strategic view.

Pacific.jpg

It’s huge… So much room to play… so many places to hammer with a surprise strike… and this is only 1/3rd of the map!!! Note the size of the Philippians on the strategic map and compare that to the picture zoomed out 1 step. I think you can now see the scope of the map!

This is a thinking game… especially against a player. I love the naval aspect of this game for the Pacific… and this is where I think the game shines… especially with addition of the light carrier. I know some betas really don’t care much for it… but I love them. They are great for finding and killing subs, scouting, giving a landing a little more power when you don’t want to risk the real carriers.

I simply can’t wait to share this game with you all during the Walkthrough/AAR, which should begin any day now. I hope you all are excited as I am.

Look Bob, the Naval-Air model is probably the hardest thing for any game to get correct and the intracacies of this type of combat are always going to be undermined to a certain degree by the necessity of abstraction at this scale.

Never the less, SC's developers and scenario builders have been diligent at correcting the major issues and slowly but surely the features are coming around to a more accurate representation. Eventually they'll get this pretty close, have faith, and by all means vocalize your concerns and offer remediations.

This is how SC has gotten this far and thankfully the "team" is committed to continued evolution the game.:cool:

I really do not have a desire to start an fight here and I have no opinion on the overal debate because I don't really care, but I just wish to say that I feel like you need to either be more calm or just watch your tone if you are calm. Maybe it is just my bad luck but I feel like I have seen you go harsh on two people in the last 5 min of reading on this forum.

Sapare, don't read anything more in to my sometimes seemingly chastising posts as many times I'm trying to initiate dialogue, nothing personal.

Sharing of ideas, and the necessary discussions to evolve them into working solutions requires an exchange of opinions, some need to be tested for conviction, otherwise we'll deviate from a conclusion. Please don't take offense, it's just a game, nothing serious here, simple human interaction, practice.:)

• 2 weeks later...
heyhellow,

I think you will love the scope of the map in the Pacific. When I looked at it for the first time as the Japanese player... I was like "how the heck am I going to do this?" The Pacific is huge and the islands really look great... add to the strategy... check out the Philippians. I had to use the pull back view… just to get them all in the picture. (sneak peek... shush... dont tell Hubert.) Think of the strategic options for offense and defense of these islands.

Philipeans.jpg

Now… when you move to conquer the Pacific you ‘really’ have to think about what you are doing… and I mean think. Also… as the US… the map is sooo huge you have to give it some serious thought as well. Take a look at the Pacific map from the Strategic view.

Pacific.jpg

It’s huge… So much room to play… so many places to hammer with a surprise strike… and this is only 1/3rd of the map!!! Note the size of the Philippians on the strategic map and compare that to the picture zoomed out 1 step. I think you can now see the scope of the map!

This is a thinking game… especially against a player. I love the naval aspect of this game for the Pacific… and this is where I think the game shines… especially with addition of the light carrier. I know some betas really don’t care much for it… but I love them. They are great for finding and killing subs, scouting, giving a landing a little more power when you don’t want to risk the real carriers.

I simply can’t wait to share this game with you all during the Walkthrough/AAR, which should begin any day now. I hope you all are excited as I am.

That looks really cool! Thanks for showing it to me!