Screenshots slideshow

• 11 months later...
  • 10 months later...

hanssg,

I get over here far less frequently than once in a Blue Moon, but I'm glad I did! Though so far I've watched just over half of your slide show, I'm thoroughly enjoying it. All those great shots are bringing back both happy memories and abject terror. If you haven't played it, may I commend Trappen Jagd to your attention--vs a Human? It may break your brain and give you hives, but it's loads of fun. I see a number of mods (notably sky and explosions, also foliage), but what really resonated for me were the flying turrets (which we don't have in CMx2 and beyond) and the sheer scope of what we had in the game. We certainly have greater in-game granularity than before, but we have so many fewer toys than we did before! Sigh. 

J118,

A thoroughly belated "Welcome aboard!"

Regards,

John Kettler

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

hannsg,

My brain glitched from my last (rare visit), so I wound up watching the vid again! What really struck me this time around were the scope, the wonderful environmental effects and those amazing skies and solar effects, not to mention the buildings. The soldiers and things like Panzerschrecks don't look good compared to CMx2, though. In looking at the vid this time, I see my recollections of what flame looked like aren't even a light year away from being correct, nor were my memories of foxholes and such correct, either. Still, the spoil looks much better than the CMx2 sangars for foxholes!

Cheese,

It took some digging, but I finally figured out your avatar is Lana Turner, the famous sweater girl. In looking at the shots of the classic actresses in which I was  "forced" to do research, I remembered something Dad said of the period. It was "when women were women and men were glad." I consider myself fortunate to have gotten to see hundreds of classic Hollywood films growing up, as a result of which I got to see the great head turners gracing them. Frankly, in the pulchritude department, today's actresses, on balance, can't compete. I remember taking the MGM Universal tour, during which I got to see a 1950s PR shot showing MGMs new female talent, including Lucille Ball, whom I knew from "I Love Lucy," which came much later. She was jaw dropping beautiful. And only moments ago, I learned she wasn't even a redhead. Turns out she was a natural brunette!

Regards,

John Kettler

Edited by John Kettler