Sign in to follow this  
Michael Emrys

Music, ugh

You can delete or disable the Intro file in the Data folder. Not sure where the in-game music file is located. For me, the Intro music is the most intrusive. You can press alt-s to turn off sound when loading a scenario. The wife will be happy. ;)

Make a .wav file with the correct bit rate and sampling rate containing a few seconds of nothing.

Bit Rate: 1536kbps

Sample Size: 16bit

Channels: 2

Sample Rate: 48Khz

Audio Format: PCM

Name that file 'music intro' then copy it and make a 'music splash' and a 'music end of battle'

Place those files in your Z folder, and enjoy the silence.

There is a "no music mod" available, I think it was by Mord. Have a look on the Repository or CMMODS.

Alas, tried it and nothing was changed. Even tried the mod for FI thinking that v2.01 might have changed the way sounds are handled. Oh well...

:(

Michael

By the way—and I should have mentioned this at the outset—I don't mean to slang the gentleman who composed the music for both BN and FI. It's actually not bad. It's just that I get tired of hearing it every time I want to start a game. Okay?

:)

Michael

Hey guys, I've posted the CM "silence" sound mods here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5vuro7az273326e/QRml9HsKGx

these work for CMFI, too. just copy to your mods or Z folder. background day/night combat mods silences the ambient combat noises. The music ones silence all the music in the game.

Enjoy the peace and quiet!

Thanks very much for posting the link, and for making them available via dropbox: just downloaded them.

Haven't had time to try them yet, but hoping (!) they work as intended (sure they will do :) ) it will be a welcome change.

I'm with Michael in that there's nothing WRONG with the music, but it just gets repetitive hearing it so often. Beats the other alternative of playing less!

As others have said, it would be helpful to be able to switch off and on the various sound elements as an option within the game rather than needing to do this ...

Sign in to follow this