surprise attack to USSR

As in SC2 the Allied can move units even in major neutral country, will be it impossible to surprise USSR units on the border? A player can have all the time to well defend well deep in the Counry, not loosing any units under the first attach of Axis. Is it fair?

Hi

It depends on the campaign, as in more recent ones, e.g. the 1939 Storm over Europe campaign that comes with the WWI game, there are a significant number of Soviet units that deploy in the border areas on the turn that the USSR enters the war. This makes them easy pickings for the Germans, and therefore stops too much escaping to the rear.

Hi Bill101,

I was speaking the classic Fall Weiss, I've just bought the game, I'm a beginner (I do not know the one you mentioned, where can I find it?). So in Fall Weiss campaign is not possible to surprise USSR by Declaration of War? In tha same manner of SC1, to better explain my thinking.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Hi Flu

Understood, and I'm afraid not with Fall Weiss in SC2 Blitzkrieg or Weapons and Warfare.

It can be modded of course in the editor, but it wasn't until more recent releases, such as the WWI game mentioned, that we changed the set up to better reflect this:

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=272&Itemid=451

(1939 Storm over Europe is a free WWII campaign that comes with the WWI game).