New large Global map in BOTH Assault on.... games?

The only other thing likely in development for AoD is Brute Force Ultimate. Its my mod.

its going to be double the scale of Brute Force from SC2 Gold.

So while it wont be a physical bigger map, it will be a more playable hex map.

The size of the playing field is doubled not the physical map. As you know BF uses only the important theatres. What Im going to be doing is merging Storm Over Europe map with the new WaW Pacific. And I will have to do some minor stretching on the Pacific.

USA down to Venezuela (Panama not shown) to the Urals and Persia. Pacific will be East side of South Africa, Ethiopia to West Coast USA and the bottom will be the top half of New Zealand to get an idea. I found the S. America and Western Africa maps in BF were never used and only slowed the game down. I might make what I call "an off map box" for those regions buts that's about it.

Anyways that's the plan. Its well after AoD/AoC is out. So it will give 2 variations on the game for a full Global. It will play more like Master World in Flames.

You mentioned no Panama Canal as there was no fighting in that theater, but there was significant importance attached to the arena. I understand your trade-offs for game play but have you ever thought about creating these little zones of significance connected to a loop from the traditional combat dominated areas?

For example, Panama Canal, in one of your off map shaded areas, accessed from South Pac Loop, a small, dynamic map with the ports and towns of significance for the enemy to attack, perhaps actuating a decision event that requires the owning player to adopt some kind of action / expediture of MPPs, etc.?

Was just wondering if the new insaneo-sized global map will be in both Assault On games.

Hi DrunkenLuftwaffe,

The new Global map is only in the Assault on Democracy game, the Assault on Communism game is more of a focus on the Soviet unit only with East Front campaigns and so on.

Hubert

Hi Numdydar,

I'm not 100% sure I understand but if the question is will any of the previous campaigns be officially available as a part of AoD, the answer is no, this is a new package/expansion with new campaigns.

But as Bill mentioned, the older campaigns can be imported with some leg work involved as not everything is compatible like the unit layer and other unit information, but the maps themselves should be importable just fine.

Hubert