Patch and Mortars?

Which patch?

v2.0 toned direct fire mortars down a lot by restoring the requirement to range in for new targets as it was always intended to be. I'm still hoping that'll make the 1.12 patch.

Beyond that, I've never been convinced small mortars needed much depowering; eating dirt while they're dropping tends to mitigate their effects, and their precision at bocage combat ranges (<200m) hasn't been shown to be overmodelled - they're supposed to be able to drop the eggs in a pickle barrel at that range.

Like womble said, my feeling based solely on my play experiences since the 2.0 patch is that on board mortars take longer to "zero in" on targets, but once they do they are still quite lethal.

Machine guns, however, are much more lethal.

Where I used to spend my extra QB points on mortars, I now split them 50/50 with machine guns.