Anyone still playing this?

agusto

After trying out some of the single player scenarios i would like to play vs a human opponent - also because some of the more visually appealing/custom maps appear to be playable vs human opponents only. If you are inerested in a game, feel free to PM me.

I also found a thread* about a map replacement pack that appearently (or at least i think so) replaces the stock map files. However these files cant be downloaded from their 2008 loactions. So, if anyone still has these files and would mind sharing them with me, this would be much appreciated.

*http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=2485

• 1 month later...

I certainly do, but I hesitate, because I have no connection to any of the armed forces modeled in the game. IMHO, this makes me a weaker opponent. TacOps really shines for those who are able to organize coordinated attacks between helos, jeeps and artillery with the absolute minimum loss of life. I have PBEM'ed games against players who were active-duty military and they became frustrated that so many of my soldiers were dying while the larger tank units performed most of the aggressive action against the opponent.

I don't know that the alternate maps are the best place to start. Most of the solitaire battles are almost perfectly balanced(though the Canadian forces are a bit more challenging)

• 2 months later...
Have you tried his Battle Command?

It is quite good.

Battle Command is not done by anyone at Battlefront or the Major himself.

I have tried to get people from the Tacops community to check it out but nobody really seemed interested.

It would be really really good for CPX type games that is for sure. I had some really good games with the developers but not much traction beyond that unfortunately.