Gustav Line QB AAR - Allied

Michael yeah I was kind of disappointed that the battle ended when it did.

I was looking forward to solving the "mortar problem".. until those were taken care of my infantry had to walk around the battlefield on tip toes.. while my two Shermans could have and would have decimated his infantry.. my Stuarts would probably have been very vulnerable to the 81mm he could have thrown at them.

I was on my way to assaulting his right side force with infantry. My Sherman and Stuart in that attack were meant to keep his main combat power facing towards me defending against my feigned frontal attack while I worked in on his flank and rear (my truck born infantry were going to drive around the back side and 1) take out the mortars on the back ridge and 2) set up a base of fire in his rear).

Would have been a challenge.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Fantastic battle. These AAR threads are more addicting than a good book, I just can't put it down (or perhaps take my eyes off it). This is my second AAR that I've read. The first is the battle you and GaJ are currently fighting. I'm only following GaJ on the new FI battle you guys have going (I only read your side of the battle for this ME). I like to only read the battle from one side so that it is more suspenseful; I know only what is posted from one person's perspective.

I hope to see more of these and can't wait to see the rest of the other GL AAR. Thanks for the hours of entertainment.

I almost didn't click on this thread to read your post as I thought it was GaJ's current thread ;) until I looked closer that is.

Thanks, they are fun to put together. If you like these, don't miss the CMBN BETA AAR at the top of my list below and the Clearing the Niscemi Highway AAR, from either mine or Normal Dude's perspective:

• 2 months later...

Nah, nor would I expect anything in return. These are my way of saying thanks to Battlefront for allowing me to BETA test for them all these years. I truly do feel lucky to be a part of it.

Thank you for the words. If these AARs inspire a few people like you to purchase the games then all the effort was worth it.

Bil