258 new force specific backgrounds

Hi

I´ve made a new set of force specific backgrounds for those of you that would like some variation in your loading screen

- 258 new photos, to be precise. 140 for the allied side, 118 for the german side

bundesarchivbild101i586.jpg

p013409.jpg

But wait! There´s more: This mod also contains Jim Rinkenberger´s Force Specific Backgrounds set of 20 allied and 20 german pictures (included by his kind permission). This means you can now - including the original BFC Force Specific Backgrounds - have 318 different photos in your loading screen.

The quality of the photos is not as high as in BFC´s original Force Specific Backgrounds, though. I have not been able to find that many high quality photos.

My motivation here is that quantity and variation are more important than quality. That means, that I think looking a new picture everytime I load the game if preferable to looking at only a handful of high quality photos. If you agree, you should use this mod. If you don´t, don´t use it.

The photos have been chosen from these criteria: They have to be taken in 1943/1944 and they have to be taken in France. That of course means that not all of them are from The Battle of Normandy. But when regarding the germans, there simply weren´t enough photos from Normandy itself. The allied side´s pics should all be from Normandy.

Some of the titles of the photos I found contained a brief descriptions of the picture. I have included the text of these descriptions, if I thought they added interesting information - usually who is on the picture or where it is taken. For example: I have not included a title like "Sherman tank on road", as you can see that for yourself. I have included: "A Sherman Crab flail tank crosses a Bailey bridge over the Orne, as it moves up to the start line for Operation 'Goodwood', 18 July 1944"

The Force Specific Backgrounds are available now from GreenasJade´s site (http://cmmods.greenasjade.net/mods). Place them in your z-folder. If you already have Jim Rinkenberger´s Force Specific Backgrounds installed you can safely move or delete them, as his backgrounds are included in this set as well.

Enjoy,

Umlaut

Umlaut, love your idea but before I download, can you tell how much diskspace these pictures require?

Of course. Both files combined are 671 MB unzipped (in zipped form when downloading: 234 MB).

Hope that´s not too much :)

Thnx for speedy reply. Size is allright, was a bit worried if the process of selecting these files would slow down loading times.

It doesn´t seem so on my PC. But I wouldn´t imagine it should slow anything down: As far as I can tell, the game picks one picture file at random - and loads that one. So I think the speed would be the same, no matter if there´s 5 or 5000 files to choose from.

Hi,

I am a moron, I know, but I haven't got a user/password to the site where you have put the stuff. And I didn't understand how to get an account either when browsing from the link you included. How do I proceed to get your file?

Best regards

PapaD

Red No 65 is probably 1940/1941 too -a Pz 35(t) leading Pz IV short ...

Yes, my bad....again. I was sure I had checked the date on that one, but I just checked now - and it says 1940. Sorry

Hi,

I am a moron, I know, but I haven't got a user/password to the site where you have put the stuff. And I didn't understand how to get an account either when browsing from the link you included. How do I proceed to get your file?

I´m pretty sure it is rather simple to get a username on greenasjade´s, but I can´t remember exactly how.

Unfortunately I can´t upload the files to the repository: I have tried, but apparently the limit for files here is 100 MB.