Please help. StratCom does not want to work on my new computer.

Not sure where else to post this. I have a new laptop with Win8, and v. 1.03 of Strategic Command GC Gold. When I start up the game, it runs fine. Then when I try to load an actual campaign, it says campaign not found for all of them! I can't actually play the game, just stare at the initial screen. I have modded the game myself but I had done this on my old computer and the game ran perfectly fine. And the only thing I modded were the bitmap files to change the vanilla flags to the historical German hakenskreuzen. What could be causing this? Has anyone else encountered it? Thanks.

Not sure where else to post this. I have a new laptop with Win8, and v. 1.03 of Strategic Command GC Gold. When I start up the game, it runs fine. Then when I try to load an actual campaign, it says campaign not found for all of them! I can't actually play the game, just stare at the initial screen. I have modded the game myself but I had done this on my old computer and the game ran perfectly fine. And the only thing I modded were the bitmap files to change the vanilla flags to the historical German hakenskreuzen. What could be causing this? Has anyone else encountered it? Thanks.

I spent yesterday removing windows 8 after try to install SC: Global Conflict and Pacific Theater I was lucky after talking with Microsoft Techs-2 different Techs-they told me that it is a 3rd party software problem. I will cut to the chase-fix...my computer came with windows 7 I final reset my computer to factory settings. under computer OS/files there are two windows file on (8Windows) windows and old windows I had purchased Windows 7 disks...that was done through HP not Microsoft and today after purchases a week ago they both are installed and working fine. The campaigns "File Read Error" Hope this gives you some direction. Good Luck

SCWWII Gold Demo I can download, but not the complete game

ColBradleyUSMC - did you already open a ticket in the Helpdesk ?

I'm not quite clear where you are having a problem. Is there an issue occurring during the installation of the games or does the installation go without problem for both of them ?

Have you updated the games with the latest patches (1.03 for 'Pacific Theater' and '1.07' for Global Conflict) ? Is your Global Conflict the 'standard' edition or the 'Gold' edition ? If it is the 'Gold' edition do you have a 'bundle' of the standard and gold editions ? The Gold edition is considered an 'expansion' of the standard edition, which is required in order to run the gold edition.

What security software do you have installed (anti-virus, anti-spyware, anti-malware, firewall, internet-security) ? Some of these programs can interfere with installation and running of the games by quarantining or deleting some of the game files. You may need to temporarily disable your security software, install the games and then add 'exceptions' within the security software for the game executables to prevent them from being quarantined or deleted again.

If you're able to install the games without problems (and patch them), have you been able to activate the license keys ? If not, then you may need to modify your system's DEP (Data Execution Prevention) settings as mentioned in this Knowledgebase article on DEP. Changes to the DEP settings may be necessary in order for the license dialog box to come up on some computers.

Another thing you may want to do with both Windows 7 and Windows 8 is to launch the game and the installer by right-clicking and selecting "Run as administrator" from the popup menu. It might be necessary to have elevated permissions to have all components install without issue. You may want to use 'Run as administrator' with the patches too.

PC Platform Windows IS NOW 7 (8) HAS BEEN REMOVED Internet Explorer 10

NOW MY HP COMPUTER PLATFORM IS WINDOWS 7 IE 10…I WAS ABLE TO RETRIEVE AND REINSTALL WINDOWS 7 MY TICKET #Ticket ID: UOB-469758 WHICH TELLS ME "Sorry we were unable to find any results"

What security software are you running? I AM RUNNING MICROSOFT ESSENTIALS

I HAVE FOLLOWED all the SOLUTIONS AND NOW HAVE HIT THIS ELICENCE OFF LINE BULL****. Said the SC Global Conflict could not find zlib1.dll. I INSTALLED DLL FIXER for $29.95 AND it will NOT OPEN. I AM DONE I HAVE TRY TO LOAD AND CONTINUE TO TRY. NOW IT WILL NOT OPEN AFTER “97” OFFLINE E-LICENCE-- I AM SURE I HAVE COME CLOSE TO THE 10 DOWNLOADS LIMIT SO I AM SURE THAT THE ALMOST $150.00 IN YOUR PRODUCT IS DONE ALSO. I WENT SO FAR AS CONTACTING THE “GEEK SQUAD” TO SEE WHAT THEY CHARGE AND COMEOUT. I CLAIM TO THE CONCLUSION THAT IT IS THROWING GOOD MONEY AFTER A BAD OUTCOME I PURCHASED DLL. THIS WOULD HAVE BEEN THE THRID TIME SINCE 2009 THAT I HAVE ENJOYED THE CHALLENGE OF STRATEGIC COMMAND SERIES AND WOULD HAVE, IN ALL LIKELYHOOD PURCHASED WWI.

I DO NOT HAVE THE COMPUTER SKILLS AS A PERSON WHO HAS GROWN UP WITH A COMPUTER IN THEIR BEDROOM OR HOME. I AM FROM THE TELEVISION AGE. GROWING UP IN THE LATE ’40 TO EARLY 1960’S WITH NO TELEVISION IN MY ROOM .I BECAME A MARINE IN 1965 AND STAYED ON ACTIVE DUTY AFTER RETURNING FROM VIETNAM 1968 FOR THE NEXT 40+ YEARS. MY FAMILY HAS HAD BLOOD IN EVERY WAR FROM THE MEXICAIN WAR FOR TEXAS FREEDOM TO THE WAR ON TERRORISM; Operation Neptune Spear 2011. IT IS NOT THAT I LOVE WAR...I ENJOY FIGURE OUT HOW NOT HAVE WARS. AT KHE SANH VEITNAM UP NEAR THE HQ WAS WRITEN ON AN OLD CARDBOARD BOX, “FOR THOSE OF US WHO FIGHT AND DIE HERE…THERE IS A LOVE OF FREEDOM THE SHELTED WILL NEVER KNOW.”

]

I HAVE FOLLOWED YOUR SOLUTIONS AND NOW HAVE HIT THIS ELICENCE OFF LINE BULL****. Said the SC Global Conflict could not find zlib1.dll. I INSTALLED DLL FIXER for $29.95 AND it will NOT OPEN. I AM DONE I HAVE TRY TO LOAD AND CONTINUE TO TRY. NOW IT WILL NOT OPEN AFTER “97” OFFLINE E-LICENCE-- I AM SURE I HAVE COME CLOSE TO THE 10 DOWNLOADS LIMIT SO I AM SURE THAT THE ALMOST $150.00 IN YOUR PRODUCT IS DONE ALSO. I WENT SO FAR AS CONTACTING THE “GEEK SQUAD” TO SEE WHAT THEY CHARGE AND COME TO THE CONCLUSION THAT IT IS THROWING GOOD MONEY AFTER A BAD OUTCOME I PURCHASED DLL. THIS WOULD HAVE BEEN THE THRID TIME SINCE 2009 THAT I HAVE ENJOYED THE CHALLENGE OF STRATEGIC COMMAND SERIES AND WOULD HAVE, IN ALL LIKELYHOOD PURCHASED WWI.

I DO NOT HAVE THE COMPUTER SKILLS AS A PERSON WHO HAS GROWN UP WITH A COMPUTER IN THEIR BEDROOM OR HOME. I AM FROM THE TELEVISION GENTERATION. GROWING UP IN THE LATE ’40 TO EARLY 1960’S WITH NO TELEVISION IN MY ROOM. I BECAME A MARINE IN 1965 AND STAYED ON ACTIVE DUTY AFTER RETURNING FROM VIETNAM 1968 FOR THE NEXT 40+ YEARS. MY FAMILY HAS HAD BLOOD IN EVERY WAR FROM THE MEXICAIN WAR FOR TEXAS FREEDOM TO THE WAR ON TERRORISM; Operation Neptune Spear 2011. . IT IS NOT THAT I LOVE WAR I ENJOY FIGURE OUT HOW NOT TO HAVE WARS. AT KHE SANH VEITNAM WRITEN ON AN OLD CARDBOARD BOX, “FOR THOSE OF US WHO FIGHT AND DIE HERE…THERE IS A LOVE OF FREEDOM THE SHELTED WILL NEVER KNOW.”

Your ticket (UOB-469758) still exists in our system and I'm not sure why the system couldn't find it. Have you possibly logged in to the Helpdesk with more than one email address ?

The 'error 97' occurs with an attempted 'off-line licensing'. Here is what it means:

License installation failure:

This error shows that your off-line license is incorrect or incomplete. It can also appear when you're trying to install an "off-line license" using your "license REQUEST" file. In such a case, you have to first enter your request on the www.license.net website to generate your off-line license, and use THAT file (usually called license.txt) to install the license.

So it most likely originated from attempting to use the file that you generated on your computer (the 'REQUEST' file) rather than one that was generated from the website (www.license.net).

You also had a 'error 501' in a screenshot that you submitted regarding SC WWII Global Conflict (standard or 'gold' edition ?). This error occurs when either the wrong license key is used (for another product) or there are incorrect characters in the license key submitted. It can also occur if the license key is not registered on the license server. This has been happening for new purchases over the last two weeks. If any of these games have been recently purchased, then you will want to reply to your ticket (or generate a new one) with the license key and 'Order number' and we can fix the license key.

Microsoft Security Essentials usually does NOT cause problems, but you may want to temporarily disable it during the installation and license activation processes, just in case it is causing issues. You would then most likely want to add 'exceptions' within it it for the game executables.

For the missing 'zlib1.dll' file, that should be in your SC WWII Global Conflict game directory. If it is NOT there, then you would want to reinstall the game again. During this reinstall you may want to temporarily disable your security software just in case it is somehow grabbing and deleting this file. Sorry you purchased the 'DLL FIXER' unnecessarily.

Here are the file names and file sizes for the three installers (all version 1.0) the sizes are NOT 'Size on disk' when you right-click on Properties for each file to get this information:

SC WWII Global Conflict:

Strategic_Command_WWII_Global_Conflict_Setup.exe

229,029,067 bytes

SC WWII Global Conflict Gold:

StratCom_WWII_Global_Conflict_GOLD_Setup.exe

391,387,439 bytes

SC WWII Pacific Theater:

SC_Pacific_Theater_Setup.exe

232,184,966 bytes

If necessary we can also generate checksums that are fairly reliable in terms of determining whether a file is corrupt. If you want to find out this information, let us know. You can download the Accuhash program to generate MD5 hexadecimal checksums and we will generate these to compare. Generally speaking though, typically you will usually run into a problem during the game installation if the installer file is corrupt.

If you have problems with our games, please come to the forum or submit a Helpdesk ticket FIRST before purchasing other software or service to fix the issue (unless you are certain that is the necessary fix). We may not always have the answer, but there will be a number of steps we'll have you go through to try to eliminate most of the possibilities without involving the need to spend any additional money (or at least eliminate that need initially).

Semper Fi, Colonel.

Semper Fi Marine...

Schrullenhaft-

I am at the point where I have lost track of all the solution I have tried. As in my RED LETTER Email, my Bride of 30+ years will remind me from time to time that not everyone has been in the Marine Corps, nor did they want to be. Therefore the Red Email I posted is my way of an “AC” which I have found that “BUTT BITING” can serves maybe the same propose with the addition of red lettering.

I appreciate the help and expertise, my difficultly is nomenclature. The computer age looped around me. I had by the time they were apart of my Field Command I had excellent staff that could handle the uses and adjustments as necessary. Not so true with GPA in Desert Storm, a LT radio HQ saying his unit GPA shows his Platoon somewhere in New Zealand. The same was true on different assignment and projects at the Pentagon, I was not a computer Marine nor did I want to learn, until a Buddy's college daughter taught me enough to be dangerous.

Which I say all to explain I do not know sit from sic 'em. Plus “adapt and overcome” a Marine Corps answer to figuring out problems has not worked. Is it possible to started from over, also knowing I do not know how to remove the Strategic Command Series’ parts and pieces, in layman terms. I entered the Corps in 1965 not by my choice as a stand on the yellow foot prints and stayed for the next 43 years, commissioned an Officer and a Gentleman after Vietnam…well an Officer the Gentleman paint peeled off.

Thanks, Schrullenhaft

SEMPER FI, MARINE

PS the only personnel I know of that use “Jarhead” is a Marine

Hi Colonel -

The games can be uninstalled by either going to the Start Menu > All Programs > Battlefront and then each of the individual folders for the games/expansions. There should be an 'uninstall' shortcut in there that will uninstall each, if you need to go that route.

The games can also be uninstalled by going to Start Menu > Control Panel > Programs and Featues. This should provide a list, in alphabetical order by name, of the programs installed.

Do you know what security software you may be running such as AVG, Avast, Norton 360, etc. ? You will want to possibly either temporarily disable the security software and/or add 'exceptions' within the security software's controls so that it does not scan and also allow the game through the firewall to activate the license key. It will be important to know this since it is possible that the security software may be interfering with several games and being able to control its interference may be crucial to getting the games working.

'Online' (default) license activation is the fastest method, but sometimes there are issues with security software, etc. If you attempt the 'off-line licensing' again here are the steps:

1. Launch the game. If running Windows Vista or Windows 7, then right-click and select "Run as administrator" from the popup menu.

2. Click the 'license' button in the activation dialog box.

3. In the 'license key' box enter your license key.

4. Click the 'Get off-line license' button.

5. Follow the instructions listed in the window/box, these will generally amount to:

6. Click the 'Save license request to file' button.

6a. If this results in the license activation process locking up, then close down the game executable (Ctrl-Alt-Del > Start Task Manager > highlight program in list and click 'End Task') and perform the previous steps again.

6b. Once you get to Step 6, instead of clicking the 'Save..' button, highlight ALL of the text (including the portion that are 'instructions') and copy it (Ctrl-C). You can either paste the text into a Notepad document (and save it) if you have to connect to the internet on a different computer or just keep the info 'copied' in memory if you can connect to the internet on this computer (this 'in memory' copied data will disappear if you 'copy' something else).

7. Open a browser (on this computer or another one if you have issues connecting to the internet from this computer). Go to http://www.license.net . If your accessing the internet on a different computer, then you will need to copy over the file you had previously saved for the 'license request' (or that you had copied to a Notepad file and saved) to the computer that has internet access.

8. If you previously saved the 'license request' file, then open that up (in Notepad) and highlight ALL of the text and copy it again. If you did NOT save a file previously, but instead 'copied' the text into memory (on the same computer) then go directly to Step 9.

9. Paste the text (Ctrl-V) into the window/box in the browser at www.license.net.

10. Click the 'Generate off-line license' button on the browser (which is underneath the window/box you just pasted the text into).

11. Click the 'Save to file' button on the browser. If you're on a different computer than where you're licensing, then you will need to save this file. If you're on the same computer you can select (if given the option) to 'open' the file in Notepad, otherwise save the file. This file is DIFFERENT from the one that you originally pasted into the website - name it differently and make sure to remember the name for the newest file that was generated from the website.

12. If you are licensing on a different computer, then move this saved file (off-line license) to the computer that is activating the game.

13. Open the off-line license in Notepad and then highlight and copy (Ctrl-C) ALL of the text in this file, even parts that are instructions.

14. Go back to the license dialog box (for the game) and click the 'Install off-line license' button.

15. Paste the previously copied text to the blank window/box or click the 'Read off-line license from file' (and browse to where you copied the file) if you copied the file from a different computer or had to save it earlier.

16. Click the 'Complete installation' button.

17. You should now hopefully get a 'success' message and you should be able to play the game now. If you get an error message, make note of the numerical error code.

We'll probably need to review where you are at in regards to each game. What error you are getting, etc.

ColBradleyUSMC, i wish you all the best in your struggle to master your computer system.

I know this is of very little help, but the only thing i can add is this: don't buy any software that promise you to take you computer troubles way, to make you computer faster, cleaner or more powerful.

Usually this kind of software is the main source for most of all possible troubles you can run into.

What you need is a good (and this doesn't mean expensive or pre-i stalled) antivirus prrogram, and that is mostly all you need.

Again: i wish you all the best, and hopefully very soon a lasting peace on the computer-trouble front!

Greetings from Bremen / Germany

Claus

Hi Colonel,

Please either respond to your original ticket in the Helpdesk (UOB-469758) or open a new one and provide the license key to each product that needs its download extended. Martin should be able to extend the downloads for each product as necessary.

Once Martin extends the downloads, go ahead and download each installer as necessary and then we will need to do some file checking to make sure that you have good copies (using the Accuhash program mentioned earlier). Once it is confirmed that you have good copies, you will want to back them up somewhere, either on a recordable CD/DVD or an USB flash memory drive, etc.

I'm not sure what may be causing the '0x80004005' error with Pacific Theater. It could possibly be Norton security software (in which case you may want to temporarily disable it) or you may need to launch the program (or is it an installer in this case) by right-clicking and selecting "Run as administrator" from the popup menu.