License / Activations

You can request a license key 'reset' from the Helpdesk. You will need to provide each license key that you need reset. With CMSF, if you have any of the modules, then you do NOT need the base game license key. As long as you install a module and then activate that module, the base game content will be activated too.

The eLicense copy-protection system that CMSF uses allows for 'unlicensing'. A license key can be licensed and unlicensed countless times, but only two installations can have the license key 'active' at the same time. Uninstalling a game DOES NOT UNLICENSE it. These are separate actions, though some of the uninstallers will prompt to unlicense the game, while many others will not. You need to UNLICENSE the game BEFORE performing any of the following:

1) Reformatting the hard drive ('clean' OS reinstalls, etc.).

2) Reinstalling or Upgrading the OS.

3) Any major hardware changes, primarily any of the following: a new motherboard, a new CPU, a new video card (new non-boot hard drives should not be an issue).

4) Disposing/selling the computer or boot hard drive.

5) Uninstalling the game permanently from a computer.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

Your keys have been reset.

Please note that we can only reset your key a limited number of times. Once the limit is reached, you may not be able to relicense your key anymore. On the other hand, there is no limit as to how often you can UNLICENSE a key from your end. Unlicensing takes one second (literally! It's just one click) and "frees up" your key from your current PC, so you can use it elsewhere. You can unlicense and relicense an unlimited number of times. Please do not forget to unlicense in the future in order to preserve your license key.

My desktop MOBO broke which EVGA could not fix and my laptop power supply burnt up. I did not have a chance to unlicense either. I sent in a ticket to reset CMSF and all the modules along with CMA. Battlefront obliged (which I appreciate) and sent the above email. My question is how does one know when they are close to the limited resets as stated?

I had my OS and CM on my SSD. Since the MOBO went down and I got a new one I had to reinstall the OS which wiped the drive. My only other option would be to go and buy a new SSD to install the OS just so I can get to CM on my original drive. How else would one handle this situation besides always having CM installed on a drive opposite the OS just to be safe? I would hate to have to purchase the base game and all modules again!