Documenting uniform model/texture problems

ok...let's try...

First CMFI:

All american infantry (Standard, paratroopers, rangers) with sprongfield (exepted the versions with telescopes)

Ahh...works...

Now CMN:

All infantry (standard, paratroopers, gliderinfantry), september 44, second bar-gunner.

Excellent, thanks. :) This same sort of problem exists with Soviet snipers in CMRT, FWIW. 

I will keep an eye out for this sort of problem with CM Bulge. 

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

And now something for the pedants and people with good eyes!

CMN with all Paches, Modules and the V-pack.

German troops, armed with StG44: the left ammo-pouch is to deep in the corpse of the soldier and barely visible

Good catch. I've filed a report about it. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Luke,

I think there is no change in the appearance of the StG44-Ammo-Pouches with 3.12.

Was the bug-report too late to get included?

Yes, it was submitted too late for it to make it into this patch.

Edited by LukeFF

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

I've been playing around with the CW vehicles and noticed what I think is a problem with the model for the Sherman Vc Firefly.

The latest CMBN .brz file (v401) has a reworked Firefly with skins and normal maps but I think the model is the same old version.

If you look at the rear of the vehicle, which has the double rear doors for the reworked Firefly, the door hinges from the original model (single rear door) are visible through the skin.  Also, there are some additional hull protrusions coming out of the places where the newer, double door hinges are located.

Is there a fix for this model somewhere?

• 3 weeks later...

In Fortress Italy, the troops of the Herman Goering Division display the correct white Waffenfarben in Fortress Italy, but in Gustav Line and Rome to Victory bear the green Kragenspiegel of the Field Divisions. Simply, the tropical uniform in Sicily is correct for the HG Division, but the temperate uniform for Italy and Northern Italy is, I would venture to guess, ported from Battle for Normandy or Red Thunder unmodified. The cuff title is also present in FI but disappears in the later modules.

This seems like a pretty quick fix - just a uniform option like Greatcoat/Camouflage/etc. that substitutes white collar badges for the green and adds cuff titles for Luftwaffe troops during the dates the HG was involved in the campaign. Call it "Herman Goering" or something in line with the Gebirgsjäger option added in Rome to Victory.

I have included sources below.

nsl03ld.jpg

e9caGJb.pngXTrkzwm.png

OzLgh1n.pngSRXU1ui.png

I think a simple swap of the collars would look a bit like this:

aXlMz4U.png

Compared to a Field Division Troop:

Kaaf71e.png

That's a quick fix and would be entirely satisfactory. However, if BF wants to go a step further, read on:

q4QKnWe.png

5K9ESRl.png

xyMkISA.png

Working from these sources I have quickly put together some HG troops in M43 with Luftwaffe/Heer Smocks, Italian Camouflage Pants and the SS Oakleaf Smock.

pgr3CdP.png

q6KCwep.jpg

smod-german-lw-camo-soldier-nco-uniform.

smod-german-lw-m43-soldier-nco-uniform-2

smod-german-lw-m43-soldier-nco-uniform-2

smod-german-lw-m43-soldier-uniform-4.png

smod-german-lw-m43-soldier-uniform-6.png

Official support would obviously be easier to use, higher quality, and make sure that both Field Division and HG troops can be fielded.

With Rome To Victory, the elements of these uniforms all exist in the files already. It's just a matter of a more talented artist and researcher putting together Appearance options for Herman Goering / Herman Goering Greatcoat / Herman Goering Mixed Camo (Luftwaffe and Heer Splinter with some Italian?) / Herman Goering Oakleaf  / Herman Goering Winter or whatever the options end up being.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Two hats better than one ...

Saw this recently in CMBN seems to affect drivers mostly, but sometimes others as well, notice whole crew is having a bad hat day in pic 1, they can't decide between a soft or hard hat. I think this is an armoured recce unit. It was in an old quick battle I had saved. Never noticed it last year when I was doing some uniform mods, so must assume it crept in with the 4.0.2 updates. Looks similar to the issue pointed out by @DougPhresh in CMFI. Ran a vanilla install with no mods and it still happened.

hat_trouble_1.jpg

hat_trouble_2.jpg

Also not sure what the guy in the kubel is doing - saw this a couple of times, is he doing a new dance? The bunny hop? Shouldn't do this when driving folks, keep both hands on the wheel.

Edited by Lucky_Strike

Taking prisoners or spies at work?

Saw this fella when I was looking for other examples of bad hat day. In the same game as the above. I thought at first perhaps prisoner-taking was now a thing in-game, dismounted the kubel's crew and he got out with them armed with an MP40! So not a prisoner, is he a spy? He also seems to be wearing a helmet liner as decorative head gear! Again, a vanilla install, no mods at work. v4.0.2

spy_1.jpg

spy_2.jpg

Edited by Lucky_Strike

24 minutes ago, waffelmann said:

What were your scenario specifications (year, date, chosen units)?

I believe you have a corrupted installation. But I can check my visuals, when you tell the circumstandes...

Thanks Waffelmann. Don't know the exact answers to most of those questions. Date: July 44; Germany Army Mech Infantry, US Army Infantry only; Map: QB-018. 

Just took a look on my Mac at the same scenario (problems first reported for my PC install) and both issues are identical, spies, funny hats, all there. 

I checked my units in the scenario editor (july 44), german armoured recce and everything looks ok (Game Version 4.02).

Can you reproduce the apperance in the scenario editor with specific units and dates? Then I will re-check it at my installation.

But I still think that you have a wrong installation. Maybe a missing pack?

33 minutes ago, waffelmann said:

I checked my units in the scenario editor (july 44), german armoured recce and everything looks ok (Game Version 4.02).

Can you reproduce the apperance in the scenario editor with specific units and dates? Then I will re-check it at my installation.

But I still think that you have a wrong installation. Maybe a missing pack?

Thanks. Will try, the QB was quite old and memory is a bit weak. Can you list all the .brz files in your Data folder? Then I can compare. Both my Mac and PC installs were done in the last 6-8 months from an all-in-one full installer with all the BN packs (supposedly).

On 7/13/2020 at 2:44 PM, Lucky_Strike said:

Two hats better than one ...

Saw this recently in CMBN seems to affect drivers mostly, but sometimes others as well, notice whole crew is having a bad hat day in pic 1, they can't decide between a soft or hard hat. I think this is an armoured recce unit. It was in an old quick battle I had saved. Never noticed it last year when I was doing some uniform mods, so must assume it crept in with the 4.0.2 updates. Looks similar to the issue pointed out by @DougPhresh in CMFI. Ran a vanilla install with no mods and it still happened.

Have to big-up 👏 @waffelmann  👏for helping me track this down - an old game save was the culprit.

Shame - quite liked the spies in funny hats feature.

• 1 month later...