Incredible Footage

That was an exception. In most cases though i bet the T-72 is going to win the duell vs. the 12,7mm armed Stryker. If had to kill a T-72 and the option to choose between all weapons available in CMSF, the 12,7mm would probably be the last weapon capable of damaging a tank that i would choose.

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, some very impressive footage from anna.

BMP drops off infantry straight into building, civilian vehicles pass by a Thunder Run esque convoy, a commander (?) yells continuous corrections from the camera observation point (this is how I envision commanding in a war situation like this would actually be conducted, realistically wise). A shoulder launched recoilless cannon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcFAzJLFsso

Obviously it was taken out by an ALLAHU Akbar seeking missile! From the elevation of the main gun it was firing at something quite a long way away, just shows how firing from the same point is pretty dumb.

This stuff never ceases to amaze...Feels extremely macabre and fascinating to watch a war unfold in HD. Seeing the same firefight from both sides views (the interviewed commander's T-72 hit by the RPG-29) is quite rare. Not to mention the human impact, seeing that sympathetic seeming guy in three interviews you've watched suddenly turn into charred shreds of flesh falling from the sky... :(

I wonder how many rebels have left this plane of existence because a soldier threw a grenade over a wall guided by the chanting...

Horribly compelling, like a TV show... Am impressed with the balls of the camera crew who are filming with their cameras out for lengthy periods. Surprised they don't get targeted accidentally or deliberately by one side of the other.

And talk about looking a bit like Stalingrad must have. I dunno how anything is hit or accomplished. You can't see anybody.

Love the civilian vehicles passing by. I guess after a year or more, it's just "business as usual."

Yes, war is an ugly hell.

But still, I have never ever watched a scenario like this unfold...You get to know this guy during the course of several interviews and then you see him get blown up, captured on video both by his own side and by the enemy.

Boggles the mind. Seeing a video of the same firefight from both sides view is very rare.

Yes, war is an ugly hell.

But still, I have never ever watched a scenario like this unfold...You get to know this guy during the course of several interviews and then you see him get blown up, captured on video both by his own side and by the enemy.

Boggles the mind. Seeing a video of the same firefight from both sides view is very rare.

Out of curiosity how did you know it was the same guy? I've been following the videos but I never twigged it was the same guy.

Out of curiosity how did you know it was the same guy? I've been following the videos but I never twigged it was the same guy.

A reporter from ANNA mentioned it in a video. There was also a RIP clip.

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting. The behaviour of the crew of that SAM system (chanting "Allahu Akbar! Allahu Akbar! Allahu Akbar wal Izzatulillah!") makes it appear to be authentic FSA footage to me.

Here os another vid of the FSA downing a jet (pilot ejects and parachutes to the ground):

SAM (not MANPADs) in use against SAA?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__4ILleiIyM

Can anyone verify if this is true?

I think the missile system in use is a 9K33 Osa. The interior kinda looks like it was (compare the right side of the below image to what you see in the first seconds of the video, especially the way the buttons on the panel below the display are aligned):

full-29508-29765-img_8113_sm.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/9K33_Osa

According to Wikipedia Syria had 60 of those things before the war started, so it may be possible the FSA captured one of them and is now using it against SAF air craft.

If you look closely at the screen (i think it is an IR display), i think you can see flares beeing popped by the target, wich would imply 1) that the target was some type of military aircraft and 2) the target was equipped with some type of radar/missile warning system (the Osas are guided by the ground stations radar system, IIRC, so unlike passive IR guided missiles, the target would be able to know it has been aquired before the missile hits ).

Holy ****ing ****! That is probably the largest explosion i ve ever seen to happen during this war:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=fff_1375361358

The mushroom cloud looks almost like from a nuclear weapon :eek:

Although i am an atheist i would probably pray to Allah, Jesus and Chuck Norris if i ever see something like that happen in my city.

EDIT: Estimated distance between camera and ground zero is 3300 meters (time = ~10 secs, speed of sound = ~ 330 m/s)