Incredible Footage

especially the guy finishing off the obviously wounded rebel?

They are pulling the body with a hooked metal pole when it is shown moving. I don't think he is wounded. I think they are trying to check for/detonate booby traps. Not that I don't think SAA or rebels routinely kill wounded...

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We talked about how the west's strategy was to get those factions to turn their attentions and start killing each other (instead of us). Looks like that may work brilliantly. Hope they don't come to their senses and join up now.

They were bombs surrounded by AFAIK somekind of carbon shell that inhibits shrapnel formation and explosive power, designed to take out high-priority targets in a civilian-rich environment.

So even when they tried to minimize casualties they got shat. Do this, do that, people will still hate you.

EDIT: Here you go. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dense_Inert_Metal_Explosive

No, well minded people will "frown" upon Israel for the settlement policies (colonization), apartheid regime towards Israel-Arabs and general ill will to reach a consensus. As the most 'civilized' and 'developed' party in this conflict they should have behaved similarly proactively since long ago.

Complaining about 'human shields' in this situation is like the British complaining that the Native-American tribes weren't following the Geneva convention and didn't fight in formation, they ambushed the British soldiers from the Shrubberies in hit and run fashion. All to the dismay of the British.

Similarly, if Hamas were to fight out in to open (which, luckily for them is very sparse in dense populated Gaza) they would be instantaneously obliterated by the might of the IDF. Hence their strategic 'choice' of fighting from heavily populated area's, knowing that if IDF returns heavy fire, they will hurt Hamas fighters, Palestinian civilians but also Israel's reputation.

Spot on Zebulon, spot on. Don't forget, he who lives by the IED, dies, or is horribly mutilated, by the IED. Hezbollah have made a strategic error entering the war now, to little too late, and just when the SAA are making serious inroads.

If I were the IDF I would be covertly passing serious intel on Hezbollah's positions, just to make sure the artillery barrages, cluster bombs, napalm and high altitude CEP 500m bombing gets a little closer to its target. Tactics, by the way, that if used by Israel, would cause liberals to scream so loudly they'd be classified as sonic weapons.

Are you aware that Hezbollah is fighting ON SAA side????

Why then were not all the soldiers faces blanked, especially the guy finishing off the obviously wounded rebel?

On a side note, imagine if a MAG wielding IDF trooper was filmed killing a wounded member of Hamas or Hezbollah?

Nice videos you watch Augusto, I tend to steer away from those ones, gazing into the abyss and all that.

Actually I wonder why you keep comparing atrocities in this civil war to what if IDF did this? Of course there would be outrage. Just like there would be outrage if a Dutch/German/Nato soldier killed a wounded enemy execution style in Afghanistan.. What is your point???

Simple really, to point out the gross hypocrisy that most exercise over matters Israeli and Arab. Secondly, to reinforce my point about Iran's mistake in ordering its proxy, Hezbollah, to get involved in the Syrian Civil war, for the reasons perfectly summarised by Zebulon.

Yeah, do realise Hezbollah are on the SAA side, meant to sat FSA, sorry.

Are you saying that the Arabs are less civilised than the Israelis? Careful, in the UK that could be regarded as hate speech and have you investigated by the police!

Simple really, to point out the gross hypocrisy that most exercise over matters Israeli and Arab. Secondly, to reinforce my point about Iran's mistake in ordering its proxy, Hezbollah, to get involved in the Syrian Civil war, for the reasons perfectly summarised by Zebulon.

Yeah, do realise Hezbollah are on the SAA side, meant to sat FSA, sorry.

Are you saying that the Arabs are less civilised than the Israelis? Careful, in the UK that could be regarded as hate speech and have you investigated by the police!

I'm talking about the state of Israel versus the non existent state of the Palestines primarily, secondly also most other 'Arab states'. Israel is a democracy -albeit in my opinion no rolemodel. Most countries around there are ruled by dictators/autocrats. That doesn't say the lot about the civilians there, so no I'm not saying that Arabs in general are less civilized than Israelis.

I don't see your point regarding the hypocrisy. Since your from the UK, I'm quite sure that a British soldier behaving like that caught on tape would result in quite the controversy. With good reason.

You can't really compare rag-tag militants SOP with what you'd expect of established nations semi professional armies. Nor the remains of the army of a Dictator struggling to keep in the saddle, at all costs. This has turned into a proxy fueled civil war of some sorts and I'm quite happy that isn't happening in Israeal/Palestine.

Been watching Al Jazeera and they have been reporting a lot of unrest in Turkey - 700K people in the streets etc. Anyone have more info about this and possible implications vis a vis Syria?

I also note reportedly unrest in Jordan and of course Lebanon.

Sakai007,

Here's the low carry position for moving a fully assembled HMG-34.

http://www.progetto900.com/reenactor/reenactor-gothic-line-luftwaffe-fallschirmjager-tropical-MG34-lafette-paracadutisti-tedeschi-linea-gotica_03.jpg

I've also seen the same thing done in high carry, as in atop shoulders, but I'm still looking for a pic.

Regards,

John Kettler

Granted, it's not an ATGM, but I did comment on the rebels just picking up that AT-14 and running with it sans tear down. We got similar training with moving the 240B short distances. Wouldn't want to road march with it like that, but in a pinch it works well.

Vanir Ausf B,

For all I know, they may be. For sure, they have StG-44s available, with one (or more) in combat.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=0f1_1364425754

But the reason I put that in FJ re-enactor pic was Vark's Post #301.

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=108764&page=31

It came on the heels of posts commenting on how fast the FSA got an AT-14 moved, set up and fired. A small fraction of our setup times, even over on CMBN for a HMG.

In other news, I don't know whether to be thrilled (love catapults and such), shocked (last thing I expected to see, in modern warfare happening now, were trebuchets, let alone giant slingshots firing flame-lit 1590s pattern hand grenades) or horror (that a force was in such dire straits it would even consider using such crude weapons in modern warfare). Still, if a flaming tire lands on you it won't be fun, and if any sort of grenade, however it got there, goes off nearby, you'll be just as hurt, or dead, if it connects.

The above said, anyone seen or read anything about our little armored buddy, the Sham II?

Regards,

John Kettler

It came on the heels of posts commenting on how fast the FSA got an AT-14 moved, set up and fired. A small fraction of our setup times, even over on CMBN for a HMG.

He actually seems to have been commenting it being moved sans packing-up after firing rather than on setup time. With regards to the MG34, they can be moved while still deployed without packing-up in the game.

This isn't a vid, but it's highly pertinent to the combat dynamics in Syria. It talks about FSA force buildup, impact of upgraded FSA weapons and skills on Syrian ops, FSA vs Syrian bases and the associated interactions. Good read! Article published May 15, 2013, so very recent.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/blogs/atwar/2013/05/15/battlefield-update-the-fight-for-isolated-government-outposts-in-northern-syria/?from=atwar

Regards,

John Kettler